Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Sync Sucks

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by FDHog, Sep 21, 2020.

1. FDHog

FDHog Full Access Member

About a month ago my Sync system has gotten a mind of it's own.
    First the screen went blank. Restarted and it was fine. since then it has booted up without audio controls, and then without Nav. This has happened 3 times and each time I do a reset (vol and FF buttons) and it works fine.
    Can't bring it to dealer cause I can't replicate it at will. Weird.

2. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Does that happen when your phone is plugged in? Back when my gen 1 was new and I had a blackberry, weird shit use to happen, the volume would get stuck loud and the nav would freeze. Somehow it fixed itself after I started using an iphone, lol.

3. dgr810

dgr810 Member

Agreed. I just posted about this down below. Truck Goes in on Weds. I just have a dead screen - no radio - Bluetooth- CarPlay - back up cam - nothing. No sound either. Silent car rides are awesome. It’s always been glitchy. This is the first time it decided it was going to off itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. FDHog

FDHog Full Access Member

Does it without iPhone connected. Guess I'll just wait till it craps out. Seems like a software issue. Like it doesn't boot up properly and needs a kick in the ass.
    Too much electronics in these new trucks. If I keep it past 3 yrs there's an extended warranty in my future.

5. pat247

pat247 Full Access Member

A good rule of thumb when starting a newer car or truck, cycle the key to on(not start), wait 2 to 5 seconds (your choice) then start. Will save you many seconds down the road. As with all computers sometimes a driver will not load correctly because of where it is in the startup sequence and sometimes the file just gets corrupted. Usually the SYNC maintenance thing that happens every so often will fix these kinds of problems.

bobn and zemuron99 like this.
  6. bobn

bobn Full Access Member

The good ol' black screen of death.

Have to be careful with warranty stuff. As if you report an issue and the dealer can't replicate it, you are now charged for labor. Guess this policy changed in the past couple of years, but I just recently found out about it.

7. Vader

Vader Member

record the issue with your iphone and play it backs for the dealer.

8. FastEddie

FastEddie Full Access Member

Had similar sync issues with my gen 1. Took it into dealer several times and they replaced some modules. Was getting close to where I was going to being able to lemon law the truck, but they ultimately had a ford engineer come out and he fixed it.