GEN 2 SYNC radio very slow to respond to touch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 2018 that has started to respond extremely slow on the radio screen. I have noticed that it seems to take forever for the message to come up notifying that data is happening over SYNC Connect. But once that message occurs, the radio seems much better.

On and off, I see the "No GPS" on the map as well, which then makes it become useless. My Raptor just went out of warranty, so I'm hoping this is not expensive.

Tried so far:
-Master Reset
-disconnect battery for 30 minutes then do Master reset
-hard restart of radi with the power and right button

None have fixed this.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many miles on vehicle, not that it matters.. Mine acts up onces a month. I am at 72k.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here... including an update to Sync

The reboot and update helped a bit, but still getting the slow screen response, and bluetooth is all but impossible. Stays connected for a couple seconds then disconnects. I have to plug in the phone and use car play to make hands-free calls.

Becoming tiresome

OP
OP
SetInCalifornia
Reaction score
I'm only at 25k miles now. The SYNC system is infuriating to use in this state. Dealer says they will have an electrician look at it in JULY because they are that backed up with service calls. I'm concerned this is going to get expensive fast if its not a common problem.

I saw on a couple other threads that the APM (whatever that is) may be the reason and need replacing. No idea what that involves.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm only at 25k miles now. The SYNC system is infuriating to use in this state. Dealer says they will have an electrician look at it in JULY because they are that backed up with service calls. I'm concerned this is going to get expensive fast if its not a common problem.

I saw on a couple other threads that the APM (whatever that is) may be the reason and need replacing. No idea what that involves.
Have you updated the software? That may resolve your issues.

guyzilla

Reaction score
I too have an '18 and did I software update via flash drive and tried wifi update search as well yesterday. I'm still on sync 3.0. Is this the last update for the 2018? Thanks.

jond

Reaction score
I have a 2018 had same issues. Dealer replaced the APIM module under extended warranty. Seems to be a known issue.