Sync pop-up alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Snooka

Reaction score
3E785B10-9E32-476C-BCB7-33143253A43E.jpeg Ever since I updated my Sync I get this pop-up each time I fire up the beast. Does anyone else get this?
Additionally, my truck seems to default to the radio despite what I was listening to during my last drive. Does this happen to you;is it normal? Thanks.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'l give it a try.

It looks like you have a 19.. Check the ford owners website for a SYNC update.. they just released a new version for the 19s that is supposed to resolve that and a couple other issues. I had to update with the USB from the owners website as the truck wouldn't auto update

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go into settings ,general scroll down to automatic system updates and turn it off

Go into settings scroll over .Go to WiFi and turn system WiFi off

One of those settings will turn that message off I’m prett sure .i just forget which one.

OP
OP
Jimmy Snooka

Jimmy Snooka

Reaction score
Go into settings ,general scroll down to automatic system updates and turn it off

Go into settings scroll over .Go to WiFi and turn system WiFi off

One of those settings will turn that message off I’m prett sure .i just forget which one.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try when I get off work.
My WiFi doesn’t extend into my garage hardly at all, and the Rap barley fits in the garage either (poor combo). So this weekend I have a WiFi range extender (tech folks: pardon if I used the wrong term) on my list of this to research and implement.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with the Wi-Fi range extender. There's really no point in connecting the truck to Wi-Fi, as the updating over Wi-Fi is so slow/incremental that Ford told me it could take up to month(s) to download an update. USB option is the way to go for updates.

OP
OP
Jimmy Snooka

Jimmy Snooka

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with the Wi-Fi range extender. There's really no point in connecting the truck to Wi-Fi, as the updating over Wi-Fi is so slow/incremental that Ford told me it could take up to month(s) to download an update. USB option is the way to go for updates.

Thank you.
Good to know.

OP
OP
Jimmy Snooka

Jimmy Snooka

Reaction score
FWIW I have a network extender close to the garage (which the truck barely fits into) and WiFi updates are quick/work well.

I was hoping to hear that from someone. I've been wanting to push the wifi out into the garage for a few other reasons, but "needing" it for the truck fully tips the scales. Thanks