SYNC-ing Feeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, so I'm on microphone #3 and now that the dealership installed (glued on) the new microphone, SYNC has, for some unknown reason, decided to change the way it's functioning.

It used to be pretty simple to make a phone call with verbal commands but now...

MMD: Pressing Media button
SYNC: "Please say a command"

MMD: "Phone"
SYNC: "Phone. Is that correct?"

MMD: "Correct"
SYNC: (Some message indicating it was an unacceptable response)

MMD: "Yes"
SYNC: “Phone. Please say a command.”

Does anyone know why SYNC is now inserting an extra step and is now asking me to ****ing confirm my desire to make a ****ing phone call?!

wtf-cat.jpg

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a setting in there to turn that off.

I believe you need to turn the voice confirmations off.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also... they may have completely reset your SYNC programming.... IIRC for the first few uses sync adds in extra command steps to help you learn the system. Then it should automatically revert to the abbreviated commands.

I still have my stock sync mic and... knock on wood... it seems to work fairly well...

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan, I think the Ford guys are just installing dud mics so they can get their hands on your Raptor emoticon3gears.gif

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe you can also shortcut right to calling by saying "CALL..." instead of phone.

Raptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am not being a smarta**,but the manual explains all of this. I know I had to read it. It is worth it,you will spend a lot less time being frustrated with it. Have you gone thru the set up to customize the Sync so it learns your voice (and it can do one other driver). It made a world of difference on my truck, I now using it.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe you can also shortcut right to calling by saying "CALL..." instead of phone.

That used to be the case after my first command, "Phone". With the new MyFord Touch update (when it's available) we'll be able to do that as the first stelp ("Call...").

I'll check the settings and see where they're at.

SVORay said:
Dan, I think the Ford guys are just installing dud mics so they can get their hands on your Raptor

They've sure done that - a number of times!