Sync forgetting things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmattdvc

Reaction score
So I'm in a 2019 and about a month ago my sync started acting funny (version 3.4) It will forget things here and there. It's more of an annoyance than anything but its starting to become more of an issue.

It will forget its on Sirius/Xm and tune itself to AM or channel zero, refuses to remember a Wifi connection, won't keep breadcrumbs on the GPS and forget about POI's staying on. Its random how it does it but for the last week its been almost every start up. Worse when it sits for a few hours or overnight.

I had the battery tested and it tested ok. Paid the local Ford dealership 120 bucks for a diagnostic fee to be told it "could" be the Sync module but the only way to know as to drop $1200 for a new sync module and see if that fixed it.

Thoughts?

Julian Rivera

Reaction score
same thing is happening to my 2020. seems like a common problem over on f150 forum. sounds like it might be a problem with 3.4 update. hopefully they fix it soon cuz it is annoying!

Texas Raptor

Reaction score
This has been going on for about 3 weeks now and is highly annoying. I have to agree to 3-4 things on screens every start up, reconnect my phone via BT like it has never seen it before…. Please fix this, Ford.

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chatted with Sync Support and was informed that it is an issue with the latest Sync Update and Ford Engineers are working on a fix. Projected timeframe is by the end of September.
My ‘19 started doing the same thing about a month after the last update.

debauch

Reaction score
Same problem. Started a couple of weeks ago and seems to be getting worse. It forgets my settings and is painfully slow to respond.

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow-up from earlier post. This is a quote from my chat with Sync Rep:

"Thank you for your patience. I was able to see here, you have the SYNC Gen 3, SYNC Version 3.4.22251.

I see that your vehicle has the latest software update, and this may have caused the issues you're having. Our Ford engineers are aware of these issues and are diligently working on an update to fix them. They are currently testing the update to make sure once it's rolled out to all affected customers, it will fully resolve the problems. Update should be available by the end of September, if not sooner, and notification will be sent to your Fordpass app, and the email attached to your owner.ford.com account.

Note-DO NOT PERFORM A MASTER RESET ON VEHICLE."

I would get on chat and report the problem if you are experiencing issue after the update.
Agent said he would add your VIN # to the list of vehicles with this problem and you would be notified through the Ford PASS App when the update is available.
Based on what I'm seeing on multiple forums, there are hundreds of owners experiencing these issues.

OP
OP
C

cmattdvc

Reaction score
I did the update that was released just a few days ago and thankfully to all that is good, it’s fixed my issues!!!