Sync 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick Sync 4 question that perhaps someone familiar with the 2021 F-150 can answer.

It seems that there are two panels on the screen, per the screenshot below. Do we know that if Apple CarPlay or Android Auto is being used, does it take over the entire screen, or can we reserve the right hand panel for the Ford UI for off-road stats, for example?

1627400601957.png

OP
OP
ganooch

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was really hoping you didn't just send me a 45 minute video to figure it out, but then I see that it was bookmarked right to the relevant part of the video. Thank you, sir.

For those that don't want to click the link, Apple CarPlay is, in fact, in the left hand pane, separate from the vehicle UI on the right.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea the way it's described is the small window on the right are the "cards" that stay I think fixed on that side. So you can customize different "cards" to look at or use while you are in the main screen on the left. I was so bored the other week I watched this whole video during my lunch lol.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When in Navigation mode you can use the whole screen for the map. There is an expand button you hit and it will collapse the "card view"

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope they do an update so we can get full screen CarPlay. It’s dumb to have the Ford OS on the right and it’s looks esthetically bad as well. My guess is 99% of people will use their smart phone for nav. There are very few places anymore where your phone doesn’t work. It’s like we got the bigger screen we wanted yet the useable part is the same size as before.

Last edited:

OrdinaryStory

Reaction score
I wonder if Sync 4 has any elevation (altitude) displayed on navigation? On a different car it was pretty interesting to see how the elevation changes while driving/traveling. Gen1 and 2 did not have that option.

I guess if Dorothy is still in Kansas it may not be necessary. :D

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope they do an update so we can get full screen CarPlay. It’s dumb to have the Ford OS on the right and it’s looks esthetically bad as well. My guess is 99% of people will use their smart phone for nav. There are very few places anymore where your phone doesn’t work. It’s like we got the bigger screen we wanted yet the useable part is the same size as before.
For Nav you can. Like I stated on previous post.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For Nav you can. Like I stated on previous post.

Yeah,but I personally will never use Ford’s Nav. I’ll either use Apple or Google Map with CarPlay. It is not available in full screen. The whole infotainment screen looks like garbage.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah,but I personally will never use Ford’s Nav. I’ll either use Apple or Google Map with CarPlay. It is not available in full screen. The whole infotainment screen looks like garbage.

Totally understand. Thats why you select this icon and the "card-view" will collapse. But only if you are looking at the nav map on Ford, Apple CP, or Andriod Auto will this icon be available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210728-104450_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-104450_Chrome.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20210728-104545_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-104545_Chrome.jpg
    593.7 KB · Views: 41