Sync 4 stereo makes random loud pop on startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnbud

Reaction score
2021 raptor 37 - Ford sync 4 issues

On random start ups, sync 4 stereo makes a random loud pop (like the vol is at max) and locks up the LCD with multiple overlaid screens. It scares the shit out of you and your ears are ringing. The system has to be reset for it to function again.

Anyone else experiencing this random hang?

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have ForScan I would check for codes and reset modules

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update. My truck was made in Oct 2021. The dealer updated the firmware a few weeks back and no more issues with Sync 4.
Nice, this just happened to me again for a second time but I took a video of it and I already have an appointment with the dealer next Saturday. But you're right it scares the shit out of you, I couldn't get it to turn off without just walking away with the keys and letting the truck turn itself and everything off

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me as well, it was a very loud pop. Do you guys thing its possible that the sound could have blown any of the speakers?

Raptupp

Reaction score
2021 raptor 37 - Ford sync 4 issues

On random start ups, sync 4 stereo makes a random loud pop (like the vol is at max) and locks up the LCD with multiple overlaid screens. It scares the shit out of you and your ears are ringing. The system has to be reset for it to function again.

Anyone else experiencing this random hang?

Raptupp

Reaction score
Dude. This happened to me the other day…..had the worst hangover too which amplified the situation 10 fold. Super loud popping noise from speakers, lcd screen went bazerk. My truck color on calm screen changed.
Did you ever figure it out? Did it happen again?

jsimon77

Reaction score
This has now happened to me 2 times in the past week. I'll have to take min in. ~April build 2022. Only way to get it to stop is to pull amp fuse or discount the battery. It's crazy.

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that happen to me just now. Was driving then a giant popping noise and crackling of the stereo started. Wouldn’t turn off even when I shut the truck off. Persisted for 10 mins straight then stopped. Don’t know what to do. Terrible dealership in town couldn’t get me in til January