SYNC 3 | Versions 2.3 and 3.0

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by scoresman903, Sep 22, 2017.

1. scoresman903

scoresman903 Member

[Not posting in the Audio / Video / Electronics Forum; not many people view it]

Last week, I logged into the Ford Service and Maintenance Website* and got a message that Version 2.3 of SYNC 3 was ready for download.

I clicked on the download link, got a spinning icon, and then an error message saying the download was not available. I tried again and instead of the error message, I was asked to send my email address so I could be notified when a customized download had been prepared.

No response after a week, so I went back to the website. "No update is available for my vehicle." ???

Has anyone had better luck? Or know what's going on? In other Ford model forums, I see reference to a Version 3.0 - unsure of what 2.3 does, much less, 3.0!

* https://owner.ford.com/maintenance.html?page=Contact

2. raptorpaul

raptorpaul Full Access Member

I called sync and they told me that the download is not available due to it being in beta status. The only way to get it was to go to ford however he said they will more than likely charge for it if they even do it at all. He stated they may only do it if you have problems currently. Which I laugh about "problems currently".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. sher-bant

sher-bant Full Access Member

Hard to get but worth it!
    Word is it activates/unleashes the other two dormant cylinders.

8WOOD likes this.
  4. kpg81

kpg81 Full Access Member

I loaded 3.0 the other day. It changed the augmented engine sound, it now sounds like a high revving Ferrari 458 motor it’s crazy. Also, I now have an option on the home screen to activate the seat massager.

5. MtopRaptor

MtopRaptor Member

So where did you get it?

6. Robtor310

Robtor310 FRF Addict

7. Maxcap

Maxcap Member

I upgraded to v3.0 last week, using the download link that was in the other upgrade thread. The link and install went exactly as described, and loaded automatically on the first try. I haven't found anything major using it, but it does seem to be faster along with a better selection of Apps option. In reality I still prefer the operation and navigation provided by Waze and google maps thru Android auto (which starts automatically when plugged in to the cable), so I haven't really spent much time with straight Sync. I have a couple of 4 hour excursions planned for this weekend, and will play with it extensively to pass the time and really see what's new.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  8. guernsej

guernsej Full Access Member

I've been using it with the blue GT theme - looks good, works well, no issues so far

9. Mahoney

Mahoney Full Access Member

Where do you change themes?

10. GKW05GT

GKW05GT Member

Ford website says I'm running the latest version at 2.2??