Sync 3 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you’re living right. Mine was closer to 45 minutes.

It’s worth it to grab the latest 3.4 version from the F150 forum link, it has the auto updating daylight saving time feature and some other bells and whistles.
Can you post link again?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
you’re living right. Mine was closer to 45 minutes.

It’s worth it to grab the latest 3.4 version from the F150 forum link, it has the auto updating daylight saving time feature and some other bells and whistles.

Well, I guess the Russians are better at hacking stuff than we gave them credit for. I guess I know what I am doing this weekend.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Opinion.....Based on all who have done the upgrade thus far. Does it seem possible that Ford can release this as an update at some point or is it too chunky and just a much larger update than anything they have released via update previously? I know people have gone from 3.0 to 3.3

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
First off, I think you mean kludgey, not clunky. ;-)

2nd, I think it’s remotely possible that vehicles that came stock with 3.2 or 3.3 may at some point get the 3.4 sync, but I don’t think older models will.

The kludgey way also gets 2018 maps that may be newer than some 2018’s and all 2017’s.

So... Embrace the kludge.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes. No. Respectively.

thanks for your response. I read over at the F150 forum that if older G2's don't update the firmware then we may issues down the road with official updates, releases. Something about compatibility between the UDNC (?) and 3.4, etc....

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
we don’t get the added presets for one thing if we don’t do the firmware update. Otherwise, I haven’t had any issues to complain about.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Ford OTA update worked. This morning I went to the Ford website to see if I could try and get the update finally to install onto a USB drive. Website now says I am running the latest update. Go to truck and indeed the version has gone from 18093 to 19205.

I had left the automatic updates turned on and I guess Ford finally got something ironed out that it updated itself over the air.