Sync 3 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
The problem I was having was unpacking the zip file after download, before the USB drive even came into the equation. It’s something to do with the compression algorithm. I gave up on 3.3 and installed 3.4 no problem. Although I got an error with a USB3 drive. A USB2 drive worked fine.

I honestly think that it is a combo of the compression algorithm and the POSIX 591 permission that the compression utility throws onto the file. The mac formatting of the usb drive and doing all operations on that volume seems to negate the issue.

Terp

Reaction score
Can those of you that are seeing an update verify the version? Mine shows 3.3 19052 in the truck, someone here posted 19205, so in theory I should have an update available even though it says I do not?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
yeah not the usb drive. it is the way windows formats exfat. ( combined with a few other small things.)

If you have a factory fresh usb drive ( don't format it), or access to a mac or linux pc ( use the disk utility to format in exfat), it should work. ( I played around with it to get it to work, then tested a few other scenarios to validate).

I had a brand new usb drive, forgot I had a box of them under my desk. Used wife's chromebook to format to exFat, still can't get things unzipped using windows utility and 7zip on my surface tablet. I tried unzipping them on the chromebook on another new usb drive, but trying to figure that out was like trying to **** a football. I need to see if I can borrow a mac.

I feel like I've devoted too much time to this pet project. lol. In the big picture, I probably wouldn't benefit much. I pretty much use my phone for most things, but I still want things to be up to date.

The wifi update appears to have snagged at less than 1/2 way, if I am to believe the blue progress bar. I will keep my phone wifi on for the truck to keep trying as I drive around.

BTW, my current build is 18093.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can those of you that are seeing an update verify the version? Mine shows 3.3 19052 in the truck, someone here posted 19205, so in theory I should have an update available even though it says I do not?

19052 is the latest for v3.3

19205 sounds like a 3.4 version.

IT8NTEZ

Reaction score
Could I ask for someone to share (via Google Drive or OneDrive link) the uncompressed archives in the /SyncMyRide folder and thus bypassing the decompression algorithm, please?

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone clear this up for me... I checked and I'm on 3.0. I turned on automatic updates and connected to WiFi. It says it checked but hasn't even updated to 3.3. Do I have to do this another way?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try fordowner.com and go to support then Sync update. If available to you, just download to USB and take it to the truck to update.

Sethrad

Reaction score
Just spoke to Sr Tech Rep at Sync. Had a bear of a time trying to get this to USB drives. Local dealer telling me that 3.0 is the latest update...and that he updated the software to the latest version for me. Said he updated languages, nav maps, voice data, grace note and language pack. Said there’s no such thing as 3.4. I then showed pic snapshot from this forum. He looked at me like a moron. Tech Rep said that there’s been a problem with the Ford Sync website for a few days and that they’re expecting a fix in 24-36 hours. Not sure what this means...but like many of you, I’m frustrated and pissed. My local dealer is an ignoramus. Tech Rep was basically useless. Ford’s Oasis system is not kept up to date. Really don’t understand how these people stay in business.