Sync 3 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this version 3.4? My 2020 had 3.4 from Ford already, but I'm having a ton of CarPlay issues so hoping another update is on the way.

Can I ask what are the problems your having with 3.4? I haven’t done the manual upgrade to 3.4 yet. One reason is 3.3 in my ‘19 is rock solid and while I want any added features or the upgraded look, I don’t want issues.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 - Sync version 3.0 Build 19205. From what I've read 3.0 is the latest but 2019's and 2020's may show 3.1, 3.2 or 3.3.
Same here.. my 18 on 3.0 says no updates available. Unsure what we miss not having 3.3 or 3.4. But would be nice to not be left behind like an out of date iphone.. “yea u paid 80k for a truck, two years ago! Moving on..” lol

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So if you guys on the 18’s never were brought up to say 3.3 that’s been out a long while, then we may never see 3.4

You can get the update online or possibly OTA as the truck is equipped to do it and depending on the size of the update. So to not provide free updates on the infotainment side doesn’t sound good. Yes considering what you paid for the vehicle to begin with.

I can buy a $1000.00 Phone and continue to get updates for years after. So my truck might not get hacked as fast, but there are new features we want at the very least. And sooner or later vehicles will become even more vulnerable.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 136355

I keep getting this message when moving the files over to the USB drive. 32g formatted to exFAT. Any ideas?
It’s not your USB drive. I had the same issue whether trying to extract to the flash drive or directly to my computer. Tried different apps, different USB drives, different computers and redownloaded it a few times. No idea why it won’t work for some people. I was already on a lower version of 3.3 so I just got 3.4 from that f150 forum thread and it extracted and installed easy peasy.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I ask what are the problems your having with 3.4? I haven’t done the manual upgrade to 3.4 yet. One reason is 3.3 in my ‘19 is rock solid and while I want any added features or the upgraded look, I don’t want issues.
Sometimes have to reset Sync to get CarPlay to work. Also noticed that if I connect my phone via USB while on a call that it freezes as it tries to transfer the audio to the truck speakers.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
It’s not your USB drive. I had the same issue whether trying to extract to the flash drive or directly to my computer. Tried different apps, different USB drives, different computers and redownloaded it a few times. No idea why it won’t work for some people. I was already on a lower version of 3.3 so I just got 3.4 from that f150 forum thread and it extracted and installed easy peasy.

yeah not the usb drive. it is the way windows formats exfat. ( combined with a few other small things.)

If you have a factory fresh usb drive ( don't format it), or access to a mac or linux pc ( use the disk utility to format in exfat), it should work. ( I played around with it to get it to work, then tested a few other scenarios to validate).

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah not the usb drive. it is the way windows formats exfat. ( combined with a few other small things.)

If you have a factory fresh usb drive ( don't format it), or access to a mac or linux pc ( use the disk utility to format in exfat), it should work. ( I played around with it to get it to work, then tested a few other scenarios to validate).
The problem I was having was unpacking the zip file after download, before the USB drive even came into the equation. It’s something to do with the compression algorithm. I gave up on 3.3 and installed 3.4 no problem. Although I got an error with a USB3 drive. A USB2 drive worked fine.