Sync 3 update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My sync is trying to install an update and has been stuck half way for about 2 weeks and is making the whole UI laggy as hell. Any idea how to cancel the update and restart it? Says installing 4U5T-14G422-CAH_1615428946000.TAR.GZ
You can download and make a flash drive with the update. Plug it in and there is a chance sync will just install it and cancel the download. Never tried it, so there can be risk be warned. Or possibly a master reset will break the download and just don’t connect to WiFi and turn off auto updates. BTW did you try to turn off auto updates and see if this cancels it out?

Gary Wren

Reaction score
You can download and make a flash drive with the update. Plug it in and there is a chance sync will just install it and cancel the download. Never tried it, so there can be risk be warned. Or possibly a master reset will break the download and just don’t connect to WiFi and turn off auto updates. BTW did you try to turn off auto updates and see if this cancels it out?
Mine has tried to install that about 5 times, says I'm up to date then next time I'm in the truck it tries it again. I can't find where to down load it, when I log into the Ford site, it says I am up to date and no updates to download to a USB...Anyone have a direct link to the down load or something?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has tried to install that about 5 times, says I'm up to date then next time I'm in the truck it tries it again. I can't find where to down load it, when I log into the Ford site, it says I am up to date and no updates to download to a USB...Anyone have a direct link to the down load or something?
What is your version #?

Gary Wren

Reaction score
What is your version #?
Version 3.4 build 21020_Product
also it has been acting up since the last update. if I turn off the truck, get out and get back in after a minute or two, the radio won't work and the display shows the song that was on when I turned it off, I have to do a soft reset to get it to work again.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Version 3.4 build 21020_Product
also it has been acting up since the last update. if I turn off the truck, get out and get back in after a minute or two, the radio won't work and the display shows the song that was on when I turned it off, I have to do a soft reset to get it to work again.
You are at the latest. The truck tends to download some further updates afterwards and they are behind the scenes. Maybe you need another master reset.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That file sounds like a '20 Map update. I'd recommend dropping back to the previous version of SYNC which was 20351 I think. 21020 has a bug with Sirus/ TravelLink not working. You can find all the files and steps over at the F150forum or cyanlabs I think has a program that will download everything for you

Gary Wren

Reaction score
That file sounds like a '20 Map update. I'd recommend dropping back to the previous version of SYNC which was 20351 I think. 21020 has a bug with Sirus/ TravelLink not working. You can find all the files and steps over at the F150forum or cyanlabs I think has a program that will download everything for you
Ok, thanks,

Gary Wren

Reaction score
You are at the latest. The truck tends to download some further updates afterwards and they are behind the scenes. Maybe you need another master reset.
Right, I haven't done a master reset yet....guess I'll do that and see what happens. thanks