Sync 3 update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an updated version of 3.3 showing available, but when I try to extract the files it gets hung up on SyncMyRide\4U5T-14G381-AN.tar.gz. I tried a few different applications to expand it and most say it's an unknown error, but one says it's in an unrecognized format or something. I got one that said it finished extracting with errors, and it shows the file there, but I'm not going to risk trying to install it.

Try to download the file again as .zip. Are you downloading on a MAC? I see the ext is tar.gz. Anytime I download this file it is always a .zip file. Then I extract to the USB drive that have just been formatted exFAT. Has worked every time.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone had written this or not yet, but the notice was from the Ford Pass app and had nothing to do with the current version in your truck. I've been at that version for months already. The Ford Owner pager tells you if you have downloads available.

ChanceMan

Reaction score
I received the notification a few weeks ago via email. I downloaded the update onto a USB and the update took about 10 mins.
Once the USB was attached, the truck updated automatically.
I have a 2019 SCAB.

Reaction score
Not necessarily related to the update, but why is there not a screen of speed dials on Sync? Seems like a basic function that should be there. I don't have all my kids phone numbers memorized, nor do I want to dial it out every time or look them up by name. Am i just missing something? 2020 SCrew 802A is my first Ford - my toyotas and volvo had that right on the home screen and I guess i just got used to that convenience.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to download the file again as .zip. Are you downloading on a MAC? I see the ext is tar.gz. Anytime I download this file it is always a .zip file. Then I extract to the USB drive that have just been formatted exFAT. Has worked every time.
I tried on a Mac and a PC. There’s 5 of those tar.gz files in the syncmyride folder. That one is the only one causing me issues. If I skip it the others extract just fine.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can anyone share the files? for some reason even though im on 3.3 and registered with ford, owner.ford is saying 3.0 is available for my truck

Pegmikeski

Reaction score
When I brought my 2019 SCREW in for routine service the dealer notified me of the update. They do it, but it takes 1-2 hrs to complete. It did not fix dropping of my cell bluetooth connection.