Sync 3 update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LD50

Reaction score
Got the notification on ford pass. It directed me to the ford owner site where it says there are no downloads available for either of my vehicles (‘19 Raptor and ‘19 Explorer). Both are currently on 3.3.

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the notification on ford pass. It directed me to the ford owner site where it says there are no downloads available for either of my vehicles (‘19 Raptor and ‘19 Explorer). Both are currently on 3.3.

Same with me.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I believe the last step of the sync update is supposed to be reporting the upgrade; you insert a usb, get a small file saved and you in turn upload that file too owner.ford.com

if you’ve done a USB upgrade and not done that step, the site thinks you are at a lower level. The 3.4 upgrade that many of us have done had no provision to do the reporting, so sync update notifications coming to anyone running 3.4, is almost certainly a false alarm.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the FordPass message as well. It pointed me to the owner site with directions to do a USB update.

I don’t want Alexa, but if you can disable it, and there are other advantages, I would consider doing the USB update. Can you disable Alexa? And are there any functionality improvements outside of CarPlay that make it worth the trouble? I don’t use CarPlay in the Raptor.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Just got to my computer. Says no download available. How stupid. So why bother me with a notification?

Cory84

Reaction score
I was able to download the file, and get it onto a USB. But I get this error message: PKG_ERR03 after I plug it into the truck. I have tried it twice now with the same results each time.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those of us on the forum knew of the update a month(s) ago. I think they are just now notifying the "public". I did the upgrade to 3.3 and sent it back to Ford back when and I still the the notice yesterday. I was just at the dealer and they said I had the latest version.