Sync 3 Retrofit Cameras On Demand Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrabberBlue

Reaction score
I installed my Sync 3 retrofit yesterday and immediately tested the front camera without success. Out of the box, you have to jump through hoops to make it work. To get the front camera to activate on stock Sync 3, enable camera in cluster, 4H+RELD+ORM or 4L, Rear Camera Delay turned on, shift into reverse then drive and it only lasts as long as the delay lasts for. That wasn't going to work for me.

Found about about fmods.net a Sync 3 modding community. I jailbroke my Sync 3 APIM, installed the Rear Camera On Demand and Enhanced Status Bar mods. After turning on the camera in the cluster & 4H+RELD+ORM or 4L, I can now click a button in the top left of the Sync 3 screen to turn on the front camera at any speed. This is even an improvement over Sync 2 which cuts you off over 15mph. The camera now works very closely to how Sync 4 does where you can jump in and out of the camera view. You can also toggle between front camera and back camera by using the cluster camera enable/disable.

PXL_20220107_213433702.jpg

Figured I would share this because I can't imagine someone else isn't looking for this functionality. If this is already known or there is another work around, apologies lock and delete this.

jgwoody

Reaction score
Finally a way to do it via USB! Thats the only reason I didn't do this earlier. Now I know what I'm doing this weekend :cool:

Justbob

Reaction score
Does the “jailbreak” change the screen set up? That looks very different from my Sync 3

OP
OP
G

GrabberBlue

Reaction score
Does the “jailbreak” change the screen set up? That looks very different from my Sync 3
The jailbreak just allows mods and themes to be installed. Fmods has several custom themes to pick from. I have the dark gray with red accent mod installed in the pic.

Frogger

Reaction score
I have SYNC 3, 3.4 version in my 2014
does this upgrade work for my screen to make the front camera work. if so
how do I do it as Im struggling to follow the steps

SVTRap

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have SYNC 3, 3.4 version in my 2014
does this upgrade work for my screen to make the front camera work. if so
how do I do it as Im struggling to follow the steps
I've done the Fmod fix and it works great! Which steps are you wondering about? The ones to Jailbreak the APIM or the steps to install the mod?