Sync 3 Radio Presets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Goodman

Reaction score
There are three different memory groups but when switching stations using the steering wheel the only ones available is the one of three it is currently in. Is there a way to be able to scroll through all 18 stations without having to use the touch screen to switch station memory group??

In my other cars (non Ford) it’s easy to scroll through all memory stations programmed but Fords seems antiquated and labor intensive

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
There are three different memory groups but when switching stations using the steering wheel the only ones available is the one of three it is currently in. Is there a way to be able to scroll through all 18 stations without having to use the touch screen to switch station memory group??

In my other cars (non Ford) it’s easy to scroll through all memory stations programmed but Fords seems antiquated and labor intensive

No, and it's very annoying.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What version of sync are you on? I have 4 (but up to 6 are available) preset lines and can scroll between radio, xm etc without hitting the source and I can scroll from the wheel through all 24 presets. oddly enough, @smurfslayer didnt have this option with his 17 running 3.426E75242-3F3D-4B0A-A83F-65BCC7365E64.jpeg 6D5EEE31-1791-42A8-96A2-072D67A35B4F.jpeg4A5BB35F-4382-4E94-9551-01F7B85A2EDB.jpeg2F8E3F44-FF99-43A0-960B-0F3E1DA6A7E8.jpeg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I did not do the firmware update, I just updated the code itself. did you do the firmware update?

to the op question; if you look at the F150 manual, you’re supposed to be able to summon specific presets on sirius or fm by voice, but, I’ve never been able to get this to actually work.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did not do the firmware update, I just updated the code itself. did you do the firmware update?

to the op question; if you look at the F150 manual, you’re supposed to be able to summon specific presets on sirius or fm by voice, but, I’ve never been able to get this to actually work.
Me? No. Mine was from the factory like this.

OP
OP
David Goodman

David Goodman

Reaction score

I tried and it said I was using the most current version and truck is new

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I suspect the additional presets are part of the firmware update, but you only need the f/w update if you’re lower than (?) 3.2 and even so, it was optional. I opted not to do it. not a deal breaker for me, I got the auto-updating DST :)

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
What version of sync are you on? I have 4 (but up to 6 are available) preset lines and can scroll between radio, xm etc without hitting the source and I can scroll from the wheel through all 24 presets. oddly enough, @smurfslayer didnt have this option with his 17 running 3.4

I see you previously had a 2018, was it the same?

OP
OP
David Goodman

David Goodman

Reaction score
Just checked and it’s Sync3 2.3 on my 2018 delivered Apr 2018 (built late Dec 2017) Guess I need to update. Anyone have the best way and what to do?