Sync 3 Dark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping someone might have insights on how to troubleshoot. My Synch 3 screen is dark. I tried the reset (Vol-Forward), disconnected the battery, pulled the fuses, FORscan sees the APIM with no codes and ran a forscan APIM reset but with no luck. I am heading out on a 2,500 trip on Wed, so this is not great. The USB ports below are lit up but don't seem to charge a phone.

I will try and get into a dealer, but time is short.

Who has the knowledge?

Thanks

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Have you let it sit after shut down; IOW, turn off, leave it alone and let it go completely unused for however many hours it takes.

I had this happen back in 2017 - no sync, radio, nothing. Did the same thing, tried sync reset, etc. Came out to grab a video for the stealership service dept. the next morning and it fired right up.

Has never done it again in 4 years.

good luck.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the display dark (dim) or completely blank? Without DTCs, it is most likely an issue with the LVDS cable (APIM to screen) or a faulty FDIM (screen). If you remove the FCIM (audio controls panel) you can access the bolts to the APIM/FDIM and remove the unit to check the LVDS cable that connects them together.