Sync 3 Black screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I’ve seen a couple threads on updating sync 3.0 to 3.4. And I figured I would try the update since I wasn’t crazy about the daytime screen options. I used Cyan Syn3 updater. And followed the instructions. I believe I saw others use this for their update, and it seemed pretty straight forward. My truck is a 2018. I plugged up USB and screen immediately went black and will not come back on. I realize these mods are at my own risk… so I don’t need any lectures. Lol I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge to get it back? I’ve pulled battery, and fuse. Did the power/seek button hold. And reset APIM in FORSCAN. Just wondering if someone has an idea, or is a new APIM Module in my future?

Last edited:

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven’t heard of Cyan updater, mine just connects to WiFi and updates.

Is there any audio or anything or is it completely dead?

OP
OP
Lane2018

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking like I corrupted the APIM. Was hoping for an Einstein fix..lol

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
WOW. I know we all dread that happening and take the risk of doing so, but this is the first I’ve actually heard of it happening in real life as opposed to the chorus of online experts harmonizing “You’ll put an eye out”.

I did the same update to my ’17... twice I think, wasn’t there a later version of the 3.4 released... anyway. I just wanted the auto DST adjustment :)

I hope it’s a quick fix... Probably best not to muck about with it further and get it to a stealership.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing the Cyber Police caught wind of your shenanigans and disabled your system as punishment. Sometimes if you call them up and give them your credit card info they will fix it for you.

OP
OP
Lane2018

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the self inflicted wounds are always the most painful!