Sync 3 acting weird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justbob

Reaction score
So I did the conversion of the Sync 2 to Sync 3. Got a setup from a guy on eBay , good reviews, all inclusive. System has worked fine for about three weeks. Then I noticed the system wasn’t recognizing my phone. Cable to the USB was basically cheap. Bought high end cable and problem seemed fixed. Even with the cable issue, the Sync booted up and would connect over BT. Now the system isn’t booting up at all, completely blank/black screen. I get static through the speakers and nothing else. The volume knob and steering wheel controls work on the volume of the static but that’s it. It happened once before and I cycled the truck off and on and it seemed to resolve itself. Now that isn’t working. Any ideas, thoughts as to what is causing this?

David Shearer

Reaction score
Who was your ebay "guy"? People that really know what they're doing with these retrofit/upgrades charge upward of 2K. And don't ever let a Ford dealer do "As Built programming". Contact your "guy" and ask for help. Good luck!

OP
OP
J

Justbob

Reaction score
He include all Ford parts for the GPS antenna and USB connection.

Reaction score
I did the same conversion and didn't have that problem. Did you change anything via Forscan? May want to look at having the guy connect remote to go through settings, if he knows how.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure what's involved in this conversion but check your grounds. If there was a ground you had to add try again, if it uses the factory ground disassemble it, sand the area to bare shiny metal and reassemble.