Sync 3.4 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks I know how to contact XM provider just trying to understand the comment. I also saw where you should do a reset at the end of the update. Thanks again,
Yes, you should do a master reset of the Sync after you do an update. After doing that, it takes the satellite radio a bit to sync up again.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks I know how to contact XM provider just trying to understand the comment. I also saw where you should do a reset at the end of the update. Thanks again,

OK. If you call them and go thought the automated calling tree, they will end up sending you a text with a link to refresh your radio. I keep it handy for when it doesn't update subscription info or other weird issues like traffic etc.

rcseorgia

Reaction score
I tried my update via USB to Sync 3.4 today on my 2019 Raptor. The truck was doing fine and update (top banner only indication) was proceeding until 34 minutes after starting the engine (and locking key in the car) when I went outside and the truck had STOPPED.
Now the 8" screen is blank. For 15 seconds I was able to see backup camera when I put it in reverse. Now that has gone.

Called Ford and the 2nd call was to the right person to troubleshoot Sync. She told me how to reboot Sync (let me know if you want me to document this). 30 minutes later I'm looking at Sync 3.4. Happy Ending. LOL

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called Ford and the 2nd call was to the right person to troubleshoot Sync. She told me how to reboot Sync (let me know if you want me to document this). 30 minutes later I'm looking at Sync 3.4. Happy Ending. LOL
Maybe just my opinion, but I would say documenting it here would be very helpful just in case something happens to someone else in the future and could use that info. Actually, if you could start a new thread that has an appropriate title (something like 'Sync Reboot and Reset Instructions') that may be a better place for it.

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should add a note as well. So I had the dreaded no car play after plugging in my phone. Normally a reboot of Sync (hold power and forward advance key until it reboots twice in succession) and maybe a power down of the phone will bring back CarPlay. This happens here and there.

But this time around I could not get CarPlay to come up in Sync. Most I could use was the downloaded directly to Sync apps like Waze, etc.

What I needed to do was delete my phone from Sync and under CarPlay remove the truck. Plug the phone back into the truck and I was back up again.

Just in case this happens to anyone else. I have done this procedure in other Ford products. First time In the truck.

evan9r

Reaction score
Has anyone found a way to keep the notification for SYNC Connect notifying passengers on start up, from popping up?

breezy

Reaction score
I used the Cyan labs upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 and then used the Ford site to upgrade to the latest 3.4 version. I thought for sure the Ford update would have balked at the previous Cyan labs install.
What year is your truck?

breezy

Reaction score
I did. Nothing there. Don't want to do it again for no reason as everything else is working perfectly. Maybe it doesn't do it since I used the cyanlabs process and files and not the Ford process. On Ford's website it says my 3.0 is up to date...
Same here on my 2017, updated officially... to 3.0. No other updates found so I went Cyan to 3.4.