Sync 3.4 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine says up to date as of a few days ago. It connects to my wifi at home. Anyone have the walk through to update my 18 to 3.4? About to take a long road trip and it'd be nice to have the most recent update.

Edit--I currently have 3.0

Last edited:

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked my owner.ford.com link, it said I had an update available "A software update is available.
Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 v3.4.20136". I checked the version on the truck, and it says Sync V3.3. So I downloaded the new version to a USB drive, went out and put it in the truck. The screen said it was updating Sync. After 20 mins or so I came back and it said it was complete, and that the new version would take affect next time I started the truck. So, I started it. It still says V3.3. Shut off the truck let it go to sleep, and then started it back up again. Still V3.3. What am I doing wrong? How do I know if it actually updated anything?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I checked my owner.ford.com link, it said I had an update available "A software update is available.
Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 v3.4.20136". I checked the version on the truck, and it says Sync V3.3. So I downloaded the new version to a USB drive, went out and put it in the truck. The screen said it was updating Sync. After 20 mins or so I came back and it said it was complete, and that the new version would take affect next time I started the truck. So, I started it. It still says V3.3. Shut off the truck let it go to sleep, and then started it back up again. Still V3.3. What am I doing wrong? How do I know if it actually updated anything?

If it said the update was successful you should be good. How long did you let it sleep for? I left mine for a couple hours, and when I came back I got the Ford Blue Oval screen and it took a while to boot up. Once it loaded, it had the new 3.4 software.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, just let it sit for another few minutes and then started it up again. The update definitely went through. I can't tell if I like the new blue display or not. I guess time will tell. I'm curious to see what it looks like when it dims when it's dark out.

I also just realized that the instructions say you have to have the truck running during the install, but I didn't notice that the first time, so I just had the ignition on for the whole time. Oops! At least it worked!

usurper

Reaction score
Yep, just let it sit for another few minutes and then started it up again. The update definitely went through. I also just realized that the instructions say you have to have the truck running during the install, but I didn't notice that the first time, so I just had the ignition on for the whole time. Oops! At least it worked!

Glad you got it working. I was going to comment that in the past I've had to turn the truck off, open the driver door, close it. Lock. Let sit for a minute or two, then unlock, start truck, etc.