Sync 3.4 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally!!! I decided to logon to Fordowner.com and check for updates today. Surprise surprise Sync 3.4.20136 is available for USB or WiFi vehicle download.

You guys who have not done the Russian hack or don’t have a ‘20 May want to check for the update as well.

BTW what was the exact version of the Russian hacked 3.4? Curious.

SVTRap

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally!!! I decided to logon to Fordowner.com and check for updates today. Surprise surprise Sync 3.4.20136 is available for USB or WiFi vehicle download.

You guys who have not done the Russian hack or don’t have a ‘20 May want to check for the update as well.

BTW what was the exact version of the Russian hacked 3.4? Curious.

Looks like 3.4.20136:
Sync3.4.png

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Checked mine and sure enough it was there. Just finished the update.

Did you load by Flashdrive or OTA? How long was the install? I wanted to install OTA later today.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did mine earlier too. I did it by usb. USB3.1 wouldn't read though for me so I had to use a USB2.0 stick. It took maybe 10 mins to load on the truck, and another 5ish to initialize after install (turn the tuck off and back on again).

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Updated mine as well. I used a Samsung 64GB USB 3.1 thumb drive; total install took around 30 mins. I opened the door then cycled the ignition per the instructions, but the new software didn't load. I let the truck go to sleep and when I came back, it was updated but Sirius radio didn't work and GPS showed no signal (Nav was still working). After driving it and doing another key cycle, everything started functioning properly.

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tried to pick it up OTA, but no luck. Just wanted to see if it will truly work as it should. Worst case flash drive time.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updated mine as well. I used a Samsung 64GB USB 3.1 thumb drive; total install took around 30 mins. I opened the door then cycled the ignition per the instructions, but the new software didn't load. I let the truck go to sleep and when I came back, it was updated but Sirius radio didn't work and GPS showed no signal (Nav was still working). After driving it and doing another key cycle, everything started functioning properly.

Weird, I have a Samsung 32GB 3.1 and it the unit kept saying it wasn't supported even though it was formatted in exFAT per instructions. My old patriot 32GB 2.0 worked.

Do 2020's come with 1 regular usb and 1 usb c port? I got the dual regular usb ports in my '19.

OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weird, I have a Samsung 32GB 3.1 and it the unit kept saying it wasn't supported even though it was formatted in exFAT per instructions. My old patriot 32GB 2.0 worked.

Do 2020's come with 1 regular usb and 1 usb c port? I got the dual regular usb ports in my '19.

Im nearly positive they still use the standard USB type-A ports in the ‘20. I wonder if that USB 3.1 drive is just not compatible with our ports? You surely will not get the throughput speeds if plugged into a USB 2.0 or 3.0

On another note the truck doesn’t find any update OTA when checking. That’s a disappointment to some extent. Will have to flashdrive it.