Sync 3.4 NAV loading upon startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a new to me 2018 and sometimes when I get in and turn the truck on the NAV will be stuck at loading maps. Pushing the NAV button does nothing because I assume the system is confused somehow? I think it has something to do with my phone (iphone 12 pro) and Bluetooth because if I don't pair my phone the NAV starts up every time without issue. But if my phone is paired and I go to drive the truck the problem happens.

Has anyone seen this before?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you updated your phone? this happened when the iphone 12 came out, but an update fixed it. try updating both the sync and phone again

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got a new to me 2018 and sometimes when I get in and turn the truck on the NAV will be stuck at loading maps. Pushing the NAV button does nothing because I assume the system is confused somehow? I think it has something to do with my phone (iphone 12 pro) and Bluetooth because if I don't pair my phone the NAV starts up every time without issue. But if my phone is paired and I go to drive the truck the problem happens.

Has anyone seen this before?
have you updated your phone? this happened when the iphone 12 first came out. an update fixed it. try updating both the phone and sync

OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phone is on the latest ios but sync wasn't, I just updated it via USB because it seemed to get stuck over wifi.

Thanks for your help.