GEN 1 Sync 2 Update Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

accarguy

Reaction score
Hello all

So I have been trying to update my sync software in my 14 so I can use the new A9 SD card and it has not been updated since the truck came out. I have v3.6 and latest right now is v3.10

First I tried to update via USB with 4 different USB sticks and 5 different downloads of the update files. I keep getting an error after it runs the update installation files that says USB error please try again or call sync support.
I called sync support and they told me with this issue I need to take it to a dealer to be completed. Also tried unhooking battery cables and same issue.

I work for a repair shop and we have IDS and access to the ford online tech resource. Using the online tech resource and under the OASIS tab on the sync page it says read sync to update. So I do that it lauches an online IDS and I put in the model, year and protocol as it asks. Then it reads and loads the vehicle and I’m left with a blank blue screen.

We use the IDS all the time but not the online rescource as IDS does everything we need to do.

Anyone that’s a tech possibly have a procedure to this? And maybe I am doing something wrong.

Any input is much appreciated

I am tempted to just take it to the dealer at this point but I am wanting to learn how to do this so future updates I know how to do.