Switzer Performance For GEN2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finding out what this HO engine can handle will be another process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think the tranny is the weak point on the driveline really. it is a 10r80. meaning 10 speed rated for 800 nm of torque. that is about 590 ftlbs torque. the motor should be good for 700hp without beefing up the block and internals. someone needs to develop a bullet proof tranny to handle 1200ftlbs tq.

Tony_D

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Switzer has their new turbos in the test truck! In the comments he mentions they are customized Gen 2 Garretts but doesn't say how big.

Update on our 2017 Ford Raptor project:
So far everything is coming together very well. The new turbochargers are fitted.
All of the intake and intercooler plumbing is now finished complete with all of the fittings necessary to reconnect all of the oem emissions hoses.
We are finishing up the needed exhaust bits and fitting the truck with high flow catalysts.
We have addressed the fuel delivery and have changed to higher flowing port injectors.
Soon, we will be getting to the tricky part ... the tuning!

1U2U5ci.jpg

THIS is some serious stuff !

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the tranny is the weak point on the driveline really. it is a 10r80. meaning 10 speed rated for 800 nm of torque. that is about 590 ftlbs torque. the motor should be good for 700hp without beefing up the block and internals. someone needs to develop a bullet proof tranny to handle 1200ftlbs tq.

Rated and can handle are two totally different story's! Time will tell!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen a TR6060 handle 1350 HP for a long time. They are high rated at 775ish.
GM has thee 10L80 in back of the LSA in a ZL1 rated at 650/650. They have to give it a buffer of 15% or approx 100 HP, that puts it being capable of around 750 lb. ft. torque. Pretty beefy....

Last edited:

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think it depends where you want to use the additional HP. If you are going to throw it down and hook up solid from a dig on asphalt, then all bets are off regarding something giving out tranny-wise since it is a new and unproven stress point.

However, if you can beat on it with a stock 450 HP engine on asphalt, then I don’t see why the transmission couldn’t handle much more horsepower in a looser off road environment.

The transmission is a new component that most Raptor owners will not test or stress, so it actually might be worth watching what the Chevy car guys do when they throw sticky tires and nitrous into the equation!!!

Last edited:

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I've seen a TR6060 handle 1350 HP for a long time. They are high rated at 775ish.
GM has thee 10L80 in back of the LSA in a ZL1 rated at 650/650. They have to give it a buffer of 15% or approx 100 HP, that puts it being capable of around 750 lb. ft. torque. Pretty beefy....

10L80 = 10-speed & 800lb/ft of torque. Ford's nomenclature defined.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switzer has a great rep and build quality in both the Porsche platform and the gtr. A friend of mine had a p800 gtr that ran great and upgraded to their USE package which was 900-950awhp on 93 pump gas and was a very fast car and well built.