Switching from car play back to regular screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rkoz325

Reaction score
I’ve been following this forum for a couple of years and just purchased a 19 magnetic grey Raptor. I can’t figure out how to get out of apple car play and back to the main screen without hitting the power button off and then on. Can anyone tell me if there’s a way? On my Chevy, there is a home button.

Thanks

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go to the main car play screen (overview) and hit the Ford Sync button on screen. This will bring you back to the normal radio/ main screen.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every car I have with Apple play has only a touch button on screen to exit.

Heeter87

Reaction score
I like Apple Car Play and use it 100% of the time. The only thing I switch to Ford Sync for is to check the outside temperature. Anyone know if there is a way to display this in the screen between the gauges on the dash for 802A? All my other cars have had the outside temp displayed constantly somewhere, not a big deal but it has always bugged me that it doesn't on the raptor.

profunctional

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah. Thanks for the tip on the camera button. The sync button isn’t as easy to find when you need it.

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Apple Car Play and use it 100% of the time. The only thing I switch to Ford Sync for is to check the outside temperature. Anyone know if there is a way to display this in the screen between the gauges on the dash for 802A? All my other cars have had the outside temp displayed constantly somewhere, not a big deal but it has always bugged me that it doesn't on the raptor.

Totally agree. I miss the outside temp readout when using CarPlay.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. I miss the outside temp readout when using CarPlay.

Yea, it’s one of those annoying things. FCA’s uConnect puts the CarPlay window into a digital frame so they can still show some info like the time and temp, on screen, at all times. However that also makes the Carplay display area smaller and the uConnect is hot garbage.