Switching from a 22 to a 23. Offered an avalanche grey or azure grey even trade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
This makes zero sense. Dealers do not make money doing things like this. Buy a car and few months later 'trade' you a year newer vehicle with no money exchanges. Smells funny to me as there is not a dealer in the US that would do this...they could sell the 23 for $5-$10K over. Then they have to sell your used one now and doubt they will sell for more than the 'even trade' number. Dealers like 10% on backside.

Then again you said your dealer is giving you an R allocation at MSRP as I recall...and I don't believe that either. Lol.
Shhh. We were all thinking it, but no one was supposed to say anything.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This makes zero sense. Dealers do not make money doing things like this. Buy a car and few months later 'trade' you a year newer vehicle with no money exchanges. Smells funny to me as there is not a dealer in the US that would do this...they could sell the 23 for $5-$10K over. Then they have to sell your used one now and doubt they will sell for more than the 'even trade' number. Dealers like 10% on backside.

Then again you said your dealer is giving you an R allocation at MSRP as I recall...and I don't believe that either. Lol.
He also just mentioned that he did PPF and Cermaic… more money that you’re not recouping.

OP
OP
V

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I didn’t make the trade. And I never said I was offered an R for sticker. I don’t even want one.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best option is always stay with the existing truck, do to it what you like, run it for 10 years to amortize all the $$ put into the vehicle to make it the way you want it. Unless your running a business off of it, this is the only way that makes any type of financial sense.

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would loose heated steering wheel, and the technology pkg.
Why? Allot of ‘22 options are standard in the ‘23. Heated steering wheel and seats are added by default. Is this deletion confirmed or is Ford‘s configurator incorrect?

enjoitheride

Reaction score
Wow, looks like the auto start/stop button is gone too, as well as the temperature reading on the control buttons. Perhaps this will make Pre ‘23s more desirable.
Auto Start-Stop has always been an option. It was a forced removal for ‘23. I couldn’t care less if it’s gone. It’s a pain in the ass, and I always turned it off on my ‘20. Digital readout and illuminated cup holders were removed for ‘22 Raptors. ‘23 saw the removal of the heated wheel. Currently, all Gen3 Raptors are desirable, as getting one is an act of Congress.