Switching from a 22 to a 23. Offered an avalanche grey or azure grey even trade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elkkhunter

Reaction score
I would have had my 22 delivered in October had they not forgot to put the guage cluster screen it, so back to Ford it went, dealer offered my a 23 in late November, cost $3600 more, but its a 2023! Do miss the heated steering wheel and technology pac, but gained the optional bead-lock wheels as an upgrade so not an easy choice since I had to pay the $3600 extra but, for me the 2023 year was worth it. Since it gives me better options to sell it in 6 months when I get my other trucks rebuilt motor and trany installed (about 600 hp). Probably will not sell it since put in $7k into this 2023 already, but 2023 does give me a better sales option, better when paying the extra $3,600? Hard choices for first wold peoples.

enjoitheride

Reaction score
i prefer grey tones. I really want avalanche grey but I do love antimatter blue. Just a hard color to keep clean even after ppf and ceramic coating.
I have avalanche, and it gets dirty like crazy and shows it. Anti matter is a rad color, and I’m not even a huge blue fan.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m not sure to be quite honest. It’s same dealership I got my 22 from. I would gain some money for upgrades but then again I already put 4k worth of items in the truck so it really comes down to the color.
You’re trying to convince yourself of a pointless & somewhat poor purchase/financial decision. There’s nothing a forum will tell you that’ll sway your mind if you’ve already got this in your head & you KNOW it’s not a smart move.

You only have 1500 miles on ‘22, which is nothing, but it’s more than 0, which I mention b/c if you haven’t had any issues pop up within first couple thousand miles that’s better peace of mind than starting off fresh again w/ a new one.

You said you’re losing the tech package (not sure what that entails but is a 4 figure option im sure) + heated steering wheel + the $4k in mods! You already put into it + ttl/fees - not sure what the sales tax is in your state…but sounds to me like between the lost mod $$$ + the ttl/fees you’ll be pissing $10k+ down the drain & losing a heated steering wheel.

Not sure how you’d “gain $$$” after factoring in tax & fees. These are $85k
Trucks

Keep what ya got is my recommendation but YOLO so do what makes ya happy!

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i prefer grey tones. I really want avalanche grey but I do love antimatter blue. Just a hard color to keep clean even after ppf and ceramic coating.
I like AMB but here's the question you have to ask yourself. If you pulled up to the stoplight in your AMB and a Avalanche Grey pulled up would you want that one or be happy you kept yours

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
This makes zero sense. Dealers do not make money doing things like this. Buy a car and few months later 'trade' you a year newer vehicle with no money exchanges. Smells funny to me as there is not a dealer in the US that would do this...they could sell the 23 for $5-$10K over. Then they have to sell your used one now and doubt they will sell for more than the 'even trade' number. Dealers like 10% on backside.

Then again you said your dealer is giving you an R allocation at MSRP as I recall...and I don't believe that either. Lol.