Swing Away Tire Carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Thank you in advance for any advice/info.
Greetings to y’all. Glad to be a member of this outstanding group.
This is my 3rd Raptor, I had 2 2010’s, ran my 2nd one for 200k miles sold it and after much deliberation bought my 2019. It’s true, once you have a Raptor you can’t go back.
I’m old and jacked up from 28 surgeries and changing a tire off road is a pain in my Azzz and back with it mounted underneath. I’ve been looking for 11 years now trying to find a swing away tire carrier, like the old Broncos had, that would fit on my factory bumper.
Is there one available that I just haven’t found or will I have to fabricate one from scratch?

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
FYI, bed mount is not an option for me. I carry to much sh@&$. I fly solo most often so I have to be able to self-recover, ergo, to-wit, henceforth... I carry several redundant systems, old Military habits are hard to break

Exploro

Reaction score
Hi John,

ive been looking for the same thing ever since I bought my raptor. I haven’t found any that are integrated into a bumper like a traditional overland setup. The best option I’ve found so far is one that mounts into a hitch receiver made by Rigd. It’s pretty nice.

https://www.rigdsupply.com/

19PANDA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't use one on the truck but had a Wilco on my old Outback and it worked well for years. Kept it when I traded in the vehicle in case I wanted it on a future build.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score