Swaybar Disconnect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ask this out of ignorance, curiosity, and in an effort to learn. I know some Bronco models offer swaybar disconnect. I realize the Raptor is not designed to be a rock crawler but have seen many videos of people doing just that.

Is swaybar disconnect not compatible with the way the front suspension of the Raptor is made?

On the Bronco is it more marketing hype?

ty.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A disco is certainly not a gimmick. In some applications a rear disconnect can be detrimental and cause the suspension to wash out. But overall a front is almost always beneficial when doing technical rock crawling.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing I have read about not running a sway bar is when entering a turn (off road) if you hit a bump with the inside front tire it will not upset the outside like it would with a sway bar. I personally have not run my truck offroad without one, though I have ridden in a few and they definitely feel better in my opinion.

MasterWaterSkier

Reaction score
I just got done at the Bronco Roadeo in Moab and drove a Bronco with the swaybar disconnect... We demo'ed the feature doing some rock crawling.. stopped at a point of the crawl with one rear tire about 18" off the ground.. with a push of a button, the rear tire in the air dropped about a foot, still not on the ground, but alot closer.. its a pretty amazing feat of engineering. The Bronco had all kinds of features like that.. crawl mode cruise control.. one pedal control... etc.. lt was a fun day doing trails my long wheel base Raptor would probably struggle with

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing this one back because I'm looking into it. Quick disconnects would be awesome for slow rolling on a nasty road. At speed, then no but it's a driver at that point. Didn't have a sway bar years ago while drag racing at 130mph. That will pucker your ass. But off-road it let's the wheels move much more free. I see no negative issues with it. Wish there was an electronic disconnect option like a Rubicon.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See if a pair of JKS Quick Disconnects will work... they're adjustable and should work. JKS was all I ran on my Jeeps.

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove it. Probably needs end links anyway, if you do any offroad at all. Had a 17 and didn't do it. Got a 19 and did after had it awhile and first off road trip couldn't believe the difference in the front taking potted out old logging roads. My wife asked me why I was laughing. But on the street, be careful, she rolly. Have a 21 and removed it. Made an improvement for sure but the on road was not a terrible as the Gen 2. As for the "flex" thing above, it doesn't work that way. It's the pressure that tire still has it till it lifts not when. A lot less spinout going through diagonal washouts for sure. So for me and what my truck goes through in the type of terrain we have here it's a great improvement for no money. Just have to remember to put it back on when you trade it...