Sway bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put those bars on my 16 F150 4X(not a Raptor). That truck always felt unsettled in the rear. I lowered the back then added the bars. Front really helped turn in. Transformed that trucks handling. Kept the bars but haven't tried them on my 19 Raptor yet. Just wondering how they would effect the live valving now that the truck wouldn't lean so much in corners. Giving up some articulation off road would have to be tested.

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the Hellwig rear bar on last week, and I still have the front waiting to go on. Hopefully I’ll be able to get around to it in another week or so.

The install was pretty easy, and took me about an hour and a half from dropping the spare tire, to hoisting it back up. Really, no surprises and the kit was well thought out. Hellwig gets a definite bonus for supplying the backing plates that go inside the frame with wires welded on to help position them.

So far I’m liking the ride as body roll has been cut to about a quarter of what it was in the rear. One of the bonuses with the install is that it really reduced the axle hop with hard acceleration in 2wd, though I’m still getting the torque arm installed to eliminate it completely and plan to run them in tandem. I also think that I’ll be able to disconnect the bar pretty easily with a set of qd pins, I just need to head to the hardware store to find the right size set.

Now that I have the rear done, I definitely want to knock out the larger front bar, because the front roll is more noticeable going around sharp turns with any kind of speed. (You know, trying to fly through a left turn before the oncoming traffic gets there!)

Reaction score
Did you ever get to install the front sway bar. I’m interested in doing the same set up on my 2019 Raptor. But I’ve read that the front sway bar doesn’t quite fit. Could you share your experience?

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, not yet. I had intended on getting it done this weekend, but at the last minute I was needed to cover for a co worker, so I’m out of the country until the 24th. Hopefully soon after I get back I’ll be able to get around to it because I feel like the truck will benefit from it. I do love the rear though.

cammac50

Reaction score
My Raptor has that floating feeling in the rear, the morning drive has me crossing a small bridge gap at an angle and if not being mindful will put the truck in two lanes. Looking at adding the Hellwig rear anti-sway 7743. JJexp what setting did you set yours at and have you completed the front also?

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don‘t remember what setting I had it at, but the sway bar came out when I got the torque arm from Krazy House. Don’t waste your money on the sway bar, buy the torque arm and you’ll be incredibly happy with how the truck feels. Just skip the diff skid plate, it’ll destroy your pinion dust cover and seal.

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don‘t remember what setting I had it at, but the sway bar came out when I got the torque arm from Krazy House. Don’t waste your money on the sway bar, buy the torque arm and you’ll be incredibly happy with how the truck feels. Just skip the diff skid plate, it’ll destroy your pinion dust cover and seal.

I thought they had a revised version of the torque arm that doesn't have that issue with the dust cover being destroyed anymore?

Did the sway bar not fit with the torque arm anymore either?

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what they claim. My truck was the first one to go back to their shop and be modified, unfortunately their mod didn't do anything and the second dust cover and pinion seal were destroyed. I didn't bother going back to have it fixed again because they banged my truck into the top of the lift and dented the roof in. That was their third strike with me, so I took off the skid plate and had the dealer fix the pinion seal. It's been fine ever since.

I can't say for certain that the sway bar won't fit with the torque arm, but it'd be pretty close and it really isn't needed with the torque arm installed. I drive pretty aggressively, and the truck handles wonderfully with the arm, it's very solid in the back.

How close are you to west palm beach? I'm gonna be there next week, and I'll give you the swaybar if you're in the area. (Oops, different guy. Sorry. My offer still stands though if Cammac wants the bar)

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what they claim. My truck was the first one to go back to their shop and be modified, unfortunately their mod didn't do anything and the second dust cover and pinion seal were destroyed. I didn't bother going back to have it fixed again because they banged my truck into the top of the lift and dented the roof in. That was their third strike with me, so I took off the skid plate and had the dealer fix the pinion seal. It's been fine ever since.

I can't say for certain that the sway bar won't fit with the torque arm, but it'd be pretty close and it really isn't needed with the torque arm installed. I drive pretty aggressively, and the truck handles wonderfully with the arm, it's very solid in the back.

How close are you to west palm beach? I'm gonna be there next week, and I'll give you the swaybar if you're in the area. (Oops, different guy. Sorry. My offer still stands though if Cammac wants the bar)

Thanks for the info. Maybe the handling would be even further improved if you fitted the swaybar on there.