Sway bar removal pros and cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mviohl311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sway bar off and mid perch, whatever little body roll u get from ditching the sway bar u make up for with the mid perch stiffening the springs.... Sway bar off not looking back

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I yanked the sway bar and I have fox 3.0's get some decent body roll that takes a bit to get used to. Doesn't negatively effect handling at all. Just have to get used to the roll and it's all good

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I yanked the sway bar and I have fox 3.0's get some decent body roll that takes a bit to get used to. Doesn't negatively effect handling at all. Just have to get used to the roll and it's all good

You feel more roll with the Fox 3.0"s because they have an even softer spring rate than stock. Like you said it takes some getting used to.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed more roll in the back end with slow aggressive turns. However, with faster, higher speed turns, the truck feels pretty level and planted. I think I want to go to a bigger sway bar with a quick disconnect.

spartanraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took mine off last week after reading this thread. Havent had it off road yet, only city highway driving.
Gotta say i prefer it off. Only time i feel the body roll is yanking the wheel, im still taking my exit ramps and high speed exits at the same speed. Truck feels planted and predictable still. Truck takes those rough potholes and speed bumps much nicer now. I did notice a little more understeer.
Overall i prefer no sway-bar for me and i do 80% highway type driving. Interested to see the difference off-road now.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will put one note of caution with removing the sway bar. It is not confirmed, I'm awaiting an answer from fox, the 3.0's might have more droop travel than stock. I gernaded a spline and iwe a couple weekends ago playing in the sand during a whoop section, had the sway bar off, which might have allowed the suspension on one side to droop more.

Put swaybar back on for ford repairs, still plan on ditching it once i get it back, might look into limit straps.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's a sway bar? Is that like a rear view mirror? I live on the edge! When I play WII I don't even use the safety strap! Born to be wild!