Swarfworks Winch Mount Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys buying the Warn Zeon series or the VR Series? I had a M8000 on my old wrangler that worked great, and with this mounting behind the stock bumper Im not sure the extra $$$ for the Zeon is worth it. Thoughts?

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you guys buying the Warn Zeon series or the VR Series? I had a M8000 on my old wrangler that worked great, and with this mounting behind the stock bumper Im not sure the extra $$$ for the Zeon is worth it. Thoughts?

Zeon 12s is by far the most popular option for the Raptor! It’s $$$ but it’s an awesome winch.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched the Swarfworks install video. It seems to me that you really need the Zeon 12 premium to use it because you need the wireless remote to control the clutch. Is that right?

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the Swarfworks install video. It seems to me that you really need the Zeon 12 premium to use it because you need the wireless remote to control the clutch. Is that right?

The 10s or 12s platinum is the best. You can certainly use other winches. But due to the location it would be difficult, but should be possible, to engage/disengage the freespool clutch.

As far as 10s vs 12s, I am running the 12s. It's the same size and weight, costs a little more and line speed is a little slower (which isn't a big deal as both of them are quite fast). Besides a little more money, the only other downfall of the 12s over the 10s is it has an 80' line instead of a 100'

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 10s or 12s platinum is the best. You can certainly use other winches. But due to the location it would be difficult, but should be possible, to engage/disengage the freespool clutch.

As far as 10s vs 12s, I am running the 12s. It's the same size and weight, costs a little more and line speed is a little slower (which isn't a big deal as both of them are quite fast). Besides a little more money, the only other downfall of the 12s over the 10s is it has an 80' line instead of a 100'

Thank you, that is good information.

Do you have a vid showing the ease/difficulty of engaging the clutch on a different winch? I’d like to to with a manual unit but I want to determine whether certain situations would make it impractical.

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can confirm you NEED the platinum. I had to upgrade before using it can’t access behind the skid plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can confirm you NEED the platinum. I had to upgrade before using it can’t access behind the skid plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Damn that means this is really an expensive upgrade. I used my winch on my Wrangler like maybe (3) times in 6 years lol. I just like to be prepared though.

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that means this is really an expensive upgrade. I used my winch on my Wrangler like maybe (3) times in 6 years lol. I just like to be prepared though.
Yeah I haven’t used mine on my raptor yet! Installed by self one of my first big mechanical projects. Was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro