Swarfworks Winch Mount Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mixmaven

Reaction score
I found the Swarfworks winch mount process easier than the intercooler relocation. Neither are bad, just takes more time than I thought. A step missing in the intercooler relocation instruction is to drill out the rivets on the bumper support bracket below, originally attached to the factory upper intercooler support. Then mount under the new intercooler as shown below. I only found this out about halfway through as I went to remount the bumper.
PM if you have any questions.
6B0FABE3-F982-4E6F-9D1B-F24944B97285.jpeg

I really like this mod. The YouTube vid makes the install look like my wife could do it! I'm hoping for a Dec delivery for my 2019. I have to ask a noob question, "perch" collar? I assume something to with shimming the shocks.... now we are talking a little bigger mod... at least for me.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to share the total cost of all your parts in this mod, including winch and with the labor done by yourself?

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to share the total cost of all your parts in this mod, including winch and with the labor done by yourself?

Winch Mount - $550
Winch - $1200-$2000 for higher end Warn models
Intercooler - $1399
(don't forget about shipping costs)
Labor - 2-4 hours depending on skill level

Other items that could also be added into the mix:
Fairlead
Winch Hook like Factor55
Aux Lighting

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winch Mount - $550
Winch - $1200-$2000 for higher end Warn models
Intercooler - $1399
(don't forget about shipping costs)
Labor - 2-4 hours depending on skill level

Other items that could also be added into the mix:
Fairlead
Winch Hook like Factor55
Aux Lighting

Thanks!
So, about $3300 to about $4000 for the mod if installed personally.
Good to save toward!

mixmaven

Reaction score

Several hundred for this, and a few more hundred for that...and I saved a lot by doing it myself. Wait, you asked what my wife thought it cost, right?? ?? :D

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see one pic in this thread with lights behind the grille. Would this winch set up mean I have to discard my BD S8 behind-the-grille light bar? Sounds like the new intercooler may force a rethink in lighting if it sits higher.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see one pic in this thread with lights behind the grille. Would this winch set up mean I have to discard my BD S8 behind-the-grille light bar? Sounds like the new intercooler may force a rethink in lighting if it sits higher.

Howdy. Yeah unfortunately the S8 won’t fit with any aftermarket intercooler. The one in the red Raptor has the M&R light setup. Those are only about 3/4” think and still tight.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Paul

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this setup installed. You are correct that you need to relocate the intercooler as the winch goes where it used to reside.

I can share some additional photos and such later today or look me up on Facebook - Paul Haskew in one of the Raptor groups, or on Instagram - @paulhaskew1.

View attachment 97768

View attachment 97769

View attachment 97770
What light bars are behind the grill, and which intercooler did you choose, any clearance issues between the two?

mixmaven

Reaction score
I have an ADD IC and M&R lightbars. Tight fit but no issues. Have to do some careful cutting and I reinforced the mounting kit and grill with different hardware. I also put rubber bumpers on the back side of the lights where they could possibly come in contact with the IC, the bumpers will hit the solid aluminum surface of the IC so the fins are not touched. I thought I had a picture of this setup when I was building it but cannot find it right now. If you really want something, send me a PM and I can do more digging. You will have to slightly bend (or cut off) the relocation bracket on the iC for adaptive cruise since you don't need it and the sensor stays in the factory location.

What light bars are behind the grill, and which intercooler did you choose, any clearance issues between the two?