Swarfworks Winch Mount Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the kit not installed yet. Talked to guy at Swarf Works and going to use a warn 9.5xp I have. Also have the ADD/AFE intercooler, factor 55 red ultra hook, factor 55 hawse fairlead as well. It’s all been sitting in my office for months and not evenopened as I haven’t had time and may not use any of it now. Was the best setup I saw for factory bumper and a winch.

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I want to go with this setup also. Any over heating with the intercooler in front of the radiator?

Loaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for the members who have installed the kit. How much weight does that add to the front of the truck? And did you have to go with a perch kit and maybe add some springs to offset the weight?

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for the members who have installed the kit. How much weight does that add to the front of the truck? And did you have to go with a perch kit and maybe add some springs to offset the weight?

We've sold a lot of these kits. Your going to be north of 150lbs by the time you get done adding in the winch mount, the winch and the intercooler. While you do not have to add a perch collar, it is something that we recommend.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've sold a lot of these kits. Your going to be north of 150lbs by the time you get done adding in the winch mount, the winch and the intercooler. While you do not have to add a perch collar, it is something that we recommend.

True true. It actually doesn’t drop the front as much as I thought. I’ve been seeing about .5-.75” lower after install. So it’s just kind of a preference and isn’t required, but somewhere around a 1.5-1.75” collar kits helps level things out good.

Or better yet, talk to FRL guys about aftermarket shocks!

mixmaven

Reaction score
I have had no issue with overheating, and I added a little more to the front with the leveling kit so it would look level after adding all of the accessories. I would also add that I like how it tucks the winch up under the front - more than sticking it further out front.

Worked out well in my case. Spacing between the lights and the intercooler is tight, I used rubber bumpers just in case.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to consider over $3k for this mod including warn winch. I would sure like to do this but going to have to save a bunch more $$$.
Please let us know when, and if, there is a sale coming up.

escott

Reaction score
I really like this mod. The YouTube vid makes the install look like my wife could do it! I'm hoping for a Dec delivery for my 2019. I have to ask a noob question, "perch" collar? I assume something to with shimming the shocks.... now we are talking a little bigger mod... at least for me.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like this mod. The YouTube vid makes the install look like my wife could do it! I'm hoping for a Dec delivery for my 2019. I have to ask a noob question, "perch" collar? I assume something to with shimming the shocks.... now we are talking a little bigger mod... at least for me.

The perch collar is an aftermarket, typically aluminum, collar that changes where the coil sits on the coilover. Depending on what collar you go with, it will raise the front end 1.5" to 3"

9223ITH.jpg

HqtJADP.jpg