Swapping stock TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I have read that there is a gasket, o-ring, or similar that should be replaced when removing the TPMS sensors from one wheel and instaling it on another. Can someone give me some details? Part numbers etc.? Thanks a lot.:help:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes it'll require a new seal or o-ring anytime you remove your tpms sensor it is required to replace it no matter what. You should be able to get one at any parts store or you can find them online pretty cheap.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just purchased oem tpms for my NVs and I don't remember an o-ring. And the installer never said anything and my nvs are not leaking air or am I getting any warning lights.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you bought the tpms sensors new they should have new seals on them. So you should be good! It's when you take them off one wheel and put the same sensor on a different wheel is when you replace the seal

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then to the OP, just buy new ones. I purchased 4 oem tpms from ebay for $48.95 and they work awesome. They sync themselves so there was no need to reinitialize them or anything.

- I purchased 4 sensors here $10/each with free shipping >> Ford TPMS Sensor DE8T 1A180 AA | eBay

- I purchased 4 valve stems here for $8.95 with free shipping >> 4 TR20008 Rubber TPMS Valve Stems New | eBay

If you bought the tpms sensors new they should have new seals on them. So you should be good! It's when you take them off one wheel and put the same sensor on a different wheel is when you replace the seal

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I had my Methods installed they used the TPMS from my stock wheels as well and I haven't had any issues with them either.

OP
OP
Prybar

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then to the OP, just buy new ones. I purchased 4 oem tpms from ebay for $48.95 and they work awesome. They sync themselves so there was no need to reinitialize them or anything.

- I purchased 4 sensors here $10/each with free shipping >> Ford TPMS Sensor DE8T 1A180 AA | eBay

- I purchased 4 valve stems here for $8.95 with free shipping >> 4 TR20008 Rubber TPMS Valve Stems New | eBay

Thanks. I saw your initial post about those and I did think about going that route but I'm just going to store my stock wheels so there is no reason to have the sensors just sitting in them and spend an additional $50 on new ones. I just want to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row before I start taking things apart so that it all goes back together in a timely fashion.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Yes it'll require a new seal or o-ring anytime you remove your tpms sensor it is required to replace it no matter what. You should be able to get one at any parts store or you can find them online pretty cheap.
So these are just standard O rings? I should be able to just match the size and get some new ones? No OEM magic parts?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You only need to buy the correct valve stems to swap sensors to a new wheel. The sensor bolts to the valve stem. There is no o ring or seal in this type of sensor design. I've seen these stems dry out and start leaking often. It's a good idea to replace these stems when you replace tires, or at least every couple years. Really it's a good idea to replace any stem every tire replacement, but these seem to crack and leak more often than others.