Swapping Recaro seats into ‘17 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow brethrens. I’ve been tossing up the idea of selling my avalanche grey Raptor to purchase another Raptor with the Recaro interior. However, I’m in love with the AG color and really don’t want to part with it. I know it’ll be a little while until some of the newer Raptors can be parted out with the Recaro interior and I don’t mind waiting... but does anyone know if they’re plug and play as far as connectors/airbags, etc.? I haven’t found any info on swapping seats, any info would help! Thanks guys

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not trying to talk you out of it, but here’s my take if you are interested and even if you are not ;)

One thing I disliked about my ‘17 Raptor was the seats. Not trying to sound like a **** but I’m used to highly adjustable seats in multiple Porsches, especially the under thigh support which is extendable. I found the seat cushion in the ‘17 too short for proper thigh support. And I’m only 6’ tall with a 32” inseam.

I traded it and after a number of vehicles was again in the market for a ‘19 Raptor with the Recaros. I called the dealership after I found one on their lot on the web and asked the salesman to measure the seat cushion on a ‘17 vs the Recaro equipped. Turned out, the Recaro cushion was almost an inch longer, or deeper. I went that day and bought it. I found it much more to my liking. I’m very picky.

I then was going to trade that for a ‘19 I saw on a dealer lot in Lead Foot, a color I liked better. It didn’t have Recaro. I sat in it and surprisingly found the seats fine. I asked the salesman for a measuring tape and measured my Recaro cushion against the leather seat of the Lead Foot. The measurement was exactly the same. Because I’m a weirdo I went back and forth, sitting in the Recaro and the base leather seat. They were both equally comfortable. That ‘19 turned out to be used. I was going to buy it but found a better deal on a brand new ‘20 with Recaros. I will say I liked the perforated leather steering wheel on the non-Recaro equipped much better.

OP
OP
raisins

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to talk you out of it, but here’s my take if you are interested and even if you are not ;)

One thing I disliked about my ‘17 Raptor was the seats. Not trying to sound like a **** but I’m used to highly adjustable seats in multiple Porsches, especially the under thigh support which is extendable. I found the seat cushion in the ‘17 too short for proper thigh support. And I’m only 6’ tall with a 32” inseam.

I traded it and after a number of vehicles was again in the market for a ‘19 Raptor with the Recaros. I called the dealership after I found one on their lot on the web and asked the salesman to measure the seat cushion on a ‘17 vs the Recaro equipped. Turned out, the Recaro cushion was almost an inch longer, or deeper. I went that day and bought it. I found it much more to my liking. I’m very picky.

I then was going to trade that for a ‘19 I saw on a dealer lot in Lead Foot, a color I liked better. It didn’t have Recaro. I sat in it and surprisingly found the seats fine. I asked the salesman for a measuring tape and measured my Recaro cushion against the leather seat of the Lead Foot. The measurement was exactly the same. Because I’m a weirdo I went back and forth, sitting in the Recaro and the base leather seat. They were both equally comfortable. That ‘19 turned out to be used. I was going to buy it but found a better deal on a brand new ‘20 with Recaros. I will say I liked the perforated leather steering wheel on the non-Recaro equipped much better.

Wow thank you for the detailed response! I feel the same about my 17 seats, they’re nice but not really what I’m used to. From day one I’ve felt that my Gen 1 seats were superior in terms of comfort and feel. The leather was soft, supple and they were just downright COMFY AF. The Gen 2 I’ve felt they were cheaper, stiffer and felt more on the plastic side. I own a carwash and have sat in the Gen 2 Recaros a a few times and every time I’m just blown away at how comfy they are. I also have a soft spot for Alcantara lol.

My problem is, I really don’t want to lose my avalanche grey and settle for a different color. The AG is what sold me on the Gen 2, so I’m trying hard to find the OEM Recaros that I can just slap in. If I can’t, I may go for an Ingot Silver with Recaro’s since those are pretty uncommon.

Ps you’re not weird, I would’ve done the same LOL. Thanks man

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah, you just educated me on color. I’ve seen a few raptors that I knew were not white but didn’t know what they were. Must be AG. Nice color. And rare.

OP
OP
raisins

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, you just educated me on color. I’ve seen a few raptors that I knew were not white but didn’t know what they were. Must be AG. Nice color. And rare.

Yeah! The off white, grey looking color is called Avalanche Grey. I saw it one day driving on the road and fell in love immediately. 2017’s also have the color changing ambient lighting and other tiny little dumb features that make me happy so I really don’t want to trade up for it.