Swapped 2/1 leaf spring with Ford 3/1 and got 2.5" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daytraitors

Reaction score
I saw a lot of guys doing the Deaver spring mods. Man those are expensive. I have a rusty raptor and went with the cheaper set of 3/1 springs for like $200 per side. It's rated at 1900 lbs. Rock Auto part number is 431783.

I didn't like the height much though. It's too high for daily use and makes it harder loading stuff. I've been riding it this higher for almost 2 years, and I plan to jack up the leaf pack and remove that spacer in the next few days.

I'll add a photo so you can see what it looks like with the 3/1 springs + stock spacer.

IMG_3820.jpg

OP
OP
D

daytraitors

Reaction score
Here's the after photo. It looks just like stock, which I like. Ground to fender flare is 42" Front measurement is 39" which gives me some leeway to carry a payload and keep an even rake.

U bolts were new from ford parts giant for about $60+S/H. Part: 9L3Z-5705-A
I reused the old nuts but had a hard time going past 70ft lbs. Probably b/c I'm weak. I'll check the bolts and retorque in a week and again in a month.

IMG_3858.jpg

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would like to go opposite myself...
A little higher in the front to get level and leave rear as is/stock.
Pretty far down my list though.
Shocks, brakes, probably tires, along with few repairs...maybe then

Like the stance you got, congrats:)