SVT Raptor oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The good thing about a dealer is, they will usually rotate your tires at the same time, now saying that, hopefully you find a good dealer that rotates the tires as per the factory rotation and not back to front, front to back. And you get a decent service report, not saying you're gullible but take that report with a grain of salt, if you have any questions about it, we will help you decide what is good or bad to do at a dealer. Lastly good luck!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why not do it yourself. truck is high enough off the ground you dont need a jack. takes approx 7 quarts of oil and a filter. both the plug and filter are easily accessible. auto parts stores usually have a deal for oil and filter. we have 2 raptors in our family so i bought 3 5quart jugs and got 3 filters for $120. i dont necessarily trust some of the places to change the oil. easily over torque the drain plug, forget to tighten oil filter, cheap oil, etc. i do it so i know i did it right and dont have to worry about it.

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the Quick Lane at my local Ford dealer. They did the synthetic blend oil change, tire rotation, and new air filter for about $90 which I though was fair enough. Without the air filter it would have been about $65. That being said, once if I have a house I will probably start doing it myself.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to the Quick Lane at my local Ford dealer. They did the synthetic blend oil change, tire rotation, and new air filter for about $90 which I though was fair enough. Without the air filter it would have been about $65. That being said, once if I have a house I will probably start doing it myself.
You cant beat that deal, and its all warranty approved, which is a bonus.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always changed my own oil and performed every service need on my vehicles. I also work part time for a shop that does everything from oil to rebuild engine. That being said, since this is a brand new rig and under factory warranty I will pay the extra price to have my Ford dealer perform services until the warranty is up. Not giving them ANY excuse to get out of any level of warranty coverage by claiming it was not service correctly plus all dealer service is recorded for your vin number so there is a solid history you can point to.

If you can afford a new Raptor, I don't think $90 would hurt much at all. .....wait till you buy tires!