SVT break-in theft attempt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All,
Thanks for all the input... and very thoughtful of all to include concerns about my home.
Without going into detail, I have 'sufficient' training, so to speak. I've actually been hoping for the 'home visit' so that I could put this to bed... permanently. Any visit will be extraordinarily bad for the other guy, I can assure you... and I'm not talking pepper spray.
Dave
35877A3E-A3E0-44FC-8F29-E662783C23D6.gif

OP
OP
D

djdawson2

Reaction score
Hey... just to close this loop, here's my action plan - I'm going to install those various plates as both @Irregular F150, @Ruger and others have suggested (love the various handles and their implications, BTW lol. I shoulda been creative too... perhaps something like"2Sig2Leg6" or "Sauer ****" would have been fun).

I have no practical need for the lock cylinder, and that's clearly the weakest link... the Ford Boys should be ashamed of themselves for that entirely inadequate design. I would, however, like to figure out how to get my lights flashing again to indicate locking/unlocking, as that feature disappeared after the attempt... side issue.

The point was made that a potential downside could be the possibility of a dead battery... preventing my own access to the truck. So, I'll install a trickle-charger plug somewhere discreet so that power could easily be applied, if required. It takes minimal power for that.

Final piece will be the install of the Compustar system, possibly combined with Drone - which provides active tracking of the vehicle's position. I hope to be able to throw that business to our fellow forum friend, Grumpy, as he's relatively local to me - and I always prefer to give business to "friends" who have a shared interest. My Powerstroke Specialties buddy also manages a fleet of Ford rental trucks using those 2 tools, and hasn't lost a truck yet... and Atlanta is far worse than Denver, IMHO.

I think that's about the best I can do. Someone suggested a fuel pump interrupt as well. I didn't utilize the pump circuit, but I did employ a similar "no-start" method the day after the event. It won't be going anywhere under its own power, that's a certainty.

Bottom line... I'm very appreciative of everyone's input. Just like my suspension restoration, you folks have saved me hours of research, and that's priceless... many thanks.

Dave

Attachments

• 20220709_160009.jpg
    20220709_160009.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 10

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
drone is good. gives you real time info on your truck. i have had the viper system with smart start in mine since 2014. however im very familiar with both