SVCOFFROAD C.A.S. Coil Adjustment System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the ride quality on adding a perch collar? I am considering it just to get the truck level or at least not quite as much rake. However, I don’t want to screw up the ride quality. Are there any negatives to doing this?

Poodles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the ride quality on adding a perch collar? I am considering it just to get the truck level or at least not quite as much rake. However, I don’t want to screw up the ride quality. Are there any negatives to doing this?

The bigger the perch collar the worse the ride. I've got mine cranked pretty far to clear 37s (probably 3")and i'd say it's 20% stiffer than stock, but it's also not nose diving.

If you are adding any collars </=2" you aren't going to see much change.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bigger the perch collar the worse the ride. I've got mine cranked pretty far to clear 37s (probably 3")and i'd say it's 20% stiffer than stock, but it's also not nose diving.

If you are adding any collars </=2" you aren't going to see much change.

Thanks for the info. I’m thinking I am going to wait for the Geiser progressive springs at this point, rather than go with a perch.

galan.kelley

Reaction score
I personally am not a fan of the CAS. You have to bleed the nitrogen and install a schrader valve after installing the CAS. I started out at 200 psi like the instructions called for, but I might as well have been driving an F-550 with the tires over inflated. So I reduced the pressure down to 150 psi and that helped, but I still wasn’t satisfied. I bought a new set of shocks and the RPG adjustable collar and I love it. Works and rides a lot better and much easier to install. No need to bleed the nitrogen.

I guess I was a good boy this year, Mrs. Clause was really good to me and suprisef me with a set of Fox 3.0’s. :jawdrop: Hopefully I’ll have these installed this weekend.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally am not a fan of the CAS. You have to bleed the nitrogen and install a schrader valve after installing the CAS. I started out at 200 psi like the instructions called for, but I might as well have been driving an F-550 with the tires over inflated. So I reduced the pressure down to 150 psi and that helped, but I still wasn’t satisfied. I bought a new set of shocks and the RPG adjustable collar and I love it. Works and rides a lot better and much easier to install. No need to bleed the nitrogen.

I guess I was a good boy this year, Mrs. Clause was really good to me and suprisef me with a set of Fox 3.0’s. :jawdrop: Hopefully I’ll have these installed this weekend.

So you're on your 3rd set of Fox 3.0s already?

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
996Turbo - did this spanner wrench end up working out?

Wanted to order one and try adjusting on truck by spinning the lower threaded "shock body".

The spanner fits, but you can not adjust it with the shock on the truck. There is no way for the top of the coil spring to rotate.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

hey Galan

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. From the multiple times we spoke on the phone about 37s and UCA and other mods the rough ride was never brought up to my attention where I could have helped. Our system could easily be lowered down to decrease preload and achieve the height your static collars provided. The psi is an added benefit for anyone who plans to check it or adjust it. Also this is the only way the shocks are rebuildable currently without Fox recharging the shocks. I’m sure You will love the 3.0s . If I can help with anything in the future I’m all ears.

Best regards,