SVC vs. Cobb Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have read a bunch of threads on this but cant really get a clear answer. For an aftermarket intercooler which does everyone prefer, SVC or Cobb?...or something else. It seems like there are 2 very passionate camps on this. Your thoughts/feedback would be appreciated. I know SVC is built to fit their bumpers, but lets look at this from a pure function standpoint.

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong about this but there isn’t a massive difference between the two. When I was doing my research, the differences were pretty minimal.

Edit: If I remember correctly, the SVC intercooler relocated the BOV to the top of the intercooler whereas the Cobb keeps it underneath the intercooler. Considering that the trucks are not great for water crossings and making breather tubes to everything would be more work than it’s worth, I personally didn’t do it. However, there might be a use for it in some cases. Plus, you already have 30”? Of clearance for water anyway.

Last edited:

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone’s looking for a brand new Cobb stock location intercooler in black let me know. Have one I never got around to installing. ;-)

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You win with either one. I have a Cobb tune but an SVC IC. I went with SVC because I replaced my front bumper and did a suspension job and just had them take care of the IC while they were at it.

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score