Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Svc upper control arms vs icon delta

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by Gen1Rapt0r, Oct 5, 2019.

Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics
  1. Gen1Rapt0r

Gen1Rapt0r Member

New guy here,

Anyone have either these? Worth the uppgrade after putting on some 3.0s? Starting to do some light offroading at glamis/lucerne valley and now go to baja at least twice a year . Torn between the two looking for quality built and functional. The svc looks beefier and offers the 1.5" uniball.

The icon delta uca is couple hundred dollars more also.

Thanks!

2. Peterb

Peterb Member

I’m happy with SVC, remember to get LCA slot delete and reinforcement kit installed

3. oxfordraptor

oxfordraptor FRF Addict

I actually have a set I’m gonna be selling. SVC uppers so you can get em at a decent price. I’ve been happy with them but went a new route.

Booth9999 likes this.
  4. Gen1Rapt0r

Gen1Rapt0r Member

Does svc offer those parts on their website? If i go svc route do i need to run the delete?

5. Peterb

Peterb Member

no but they will source you a set and then it all gets installed at once and your alignment is going to be close to permanent

6. Peterb

Peterb Member

slot delete allows upper control arm alignment for any new UCAs
    stock aligns with LCA slots which are prone to move and then require frequent alignments

7. coachhomer

coachhomer Full Access Member

Please excuse my ignorance but can one of you guys explain this? Not sure I understand the verbiage.

Thanks!

C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. oxfordraptor

oxfordraptor FRF Addict

Slot delete kits are meant to keep the LCA in place and it won’t move left or right in the slot where it bolts to the front end. At that point you can no longer adjust the position of the lower control arm. It’s a plus especially when doing runs or you’ll need an alignment after every run or hard off road trip. That’s where the adjustable Upper control arm comes in so you you don’t have to take everything apart, test alignment, take it all apart again and adjust it, put it back together to test alignment again and repeat until your alignment is right. It will cost a lot more to align without the adjustable UCA’s.

coachhomer likes this.