SVC Tuned 5.4 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gauvinra

Reaction score
I recently added an SVC tune to my 5.4 raptor about 2 months ago and had a couple of questions. The only other mods to the truck is an K&N drop in air filter. THe truck has about 60k miles on it.

1. I get a weird dip in RPMs going through 3rd gear when it hits 2200ish RPM. It will lag and drop down a couple hundred RPM and then keep on going. Any ideas?
2. While shifting is much crisper then stock, it still seams to hunt gears after corners or coasting. If you hit the gas you hear the truck accelerate a couple hundred RPM (but not actually react) then downshift 1 or 2 gears. Is this normal?

I know most of you have 6.2 but i just wanted to see if anyone on here had seen/heard of/experienced this before. Thanks for your time!

Rich

dmpizzi

Reaction score
Same issue with my 5.4 with svc tune with k and n drop in. I notice it under moderate acceleration it drops from 2200rpms to 2000rpms then back up with no issues. Also only in third gear which is strange I thought it was just my truck.

Truck still takes a while to downshift yes. However gear hunting is gone. Always stays in 6th on highway with hills unlike before. A lot more peppy then before. Overall I'm happy with the tune.