SVC Traction Bars installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished installing my traction bars today. I had a shop (Offroad Warehouse) weld on the shackles and I did the rest. My u-bolts were trashed so I had to pick up new ones. Fortunately local shop makes them to order. Only took 15 minutes and cost $60. The installation is otherwise very easy and the quality of the parts is second to none. Nothing had to be forced into place. It all bolted up precisely and easily.

I looked at the various options out there (Rogue, RPG, SVC, KHC Torque Arm) but SVC was the best choice for a couple reasons for me. First they are located about an hour and a half from me, second they actually had them in stock (everyone else either didn't respond or told me 6+ weeks minimum) thirdly they are a quality shop with a great reputation and finally these arms have had a lot of "in the dirt testing as they install them on most of their customer cars including Ken Block's Gen 2 Raptor.

All in all very happy with my decision. I will be in Baja in a few weeks for the 500 and will get plenty of in the field experience then... I will report back!

Traction Bars.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Definitely keep us posted. I’ve not heard a knock on the SVC’s by users, I’m betting you’re going to feel a vastly improved handling.

flynford

Reaction score
This kit and Autofab’s kit (similiar design) are the best overall designed kits in my opinion. Whether off-road, towing, or on the street. It’s 100% improvement.

OP
OP
R

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove a bit today...amazing how much better the truck puts power down. Especially going up hills etc. Definitely a worthwhile mod. We will see how it does in the dirt in Baja but I bet it will be fantastic. If you are on the fence don't be. You won't regret it. The immediately results are noticable!

OP
OP
R

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! How much ground clearance do you lose running these? 2”-3”? They look like they hang pretty low.

From a practical standpoint I don't think you lose much. They don't hang lowers than the center diff... You might need to watch it if rock crawling but that really isn't what this truck is for anyways... I was concerned about ground clearance initially but once installed it became evident it was not a deal.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score