SVC Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVC Intercooler initial impressions

I just received my SVC intercooler. I'm still new around here but I'm sure the regulars are starting to paint a picture of me. I used to work for a major race team in the Atlanta area and migrated over to that teams fabrication company in my final years. My day job is government based so sadly i had to move and leave it all behind. But the endstate is I know a few things about building intercoolers and tuning high performance turbo engines.

The SVC intercooler is required to use their frame cut bumpers which i have on the way. I know jeff at fullrace and seriously considered their intercooler as it is also a quality item. Wagner and afe are not even an option for me. I'll build my own before touching those. But when i found out CBR was involved with SVC my ears perked up. For those that don't know CBR is a pro level fabrication company and renowned in the charge cooler world. Oil, water, air etc etc. When i spoke with the guys at SVC about a bumper it was an easy sell on their intercooler as soon as the words CBR came up. Whether they still make them for SVC or not doesn't matter. The welds are good, the design is good and most importantly its a quality core.

Too many people think all intercooler cores are the same. Not true at all and the SVC uses a quality bar and plate core with sheet metal endtanks with good good welds and the EBOV is located on the appropriate end tank. (the hot side) Piping is all done properly and welds are good. The piping is all bare whereas some competitors coat theres. Personally if it was an option that cost extra i would have not gotten it anyway. You cant see the lower pipes anyway so i think it would be a waste. All bead rolled ends are adequate and done the proper way.
The brackets are in fact nicely painted and look good. Couplers are all multiply silicone and T bolt clamps are included. The industry standard.

I'll be installing this in a few days when my bumper ships from powdercoat and as some of you have noticed I'm extremely unimpressed with the more common tuners. My old boss owes me a favor and my truck will be on the dyno for a few DAYS. I used to work for DBW Motorsports. Yeah, the 4 time one lap of America champion, multi time NASA champion, Global Time Attack unlimited class champion, Cobb Platinum Tuner, VIR track record holder etc, etc, etc. Not some guy that tunes RV's. A pro level motorsports facility. Once that's done I'll be posting dyno results, LOGS!(apparently no one does that here) and more data than most of you know what to do with.
Happy trails.

@svc

_DSC2749.jpg

_DSC2750.jpg

_DSC2751.jpg

_DSC2752.jpg

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is a really nice unit - I bought my V1 Full Race months ago otherwise I probably would have went with the SVC. They look very similar. The one thing I will tell you, SVC got the angle of the end tank pipes spot on 100%. I was cursing the straight ones on the full race - the bend is more severe than one would think. I wrestled with the passenger side tubing and hose and I know those angled pipes will help a lot.

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fullrace kit doesn't work with a lot of the frame cut bumpers because of that.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gotta link to where you purchased this intercooler. Does this one go into the OEM spot or mount above? What are you putting this in to?

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Found it. Question on install...does it come with everything you need for the install. Do you need any type of extra mounts or adaptors for ACC or anything. Also, can this be installed with the 2018 OEM stock bumper?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You run an MPT tune now to hold you over if I recall.

I’m really going to enjoy seeing the difference in not just peak power, but usable power and torque when the big boys get her on the dyno.

When man???

I just received my SVC intercooler. I'm still new around here but I'm sure the regulars are starting to paint a picture of me. I used to work for a major race team in the Atlanta area and migrated over to that teams fabrication company in my final years. My day job is government based so sadly i had to move and leave it all behind. But the endstate is I know a few things about building intercoolers and tuning high performance turbo engines.

The SVC intercooler is required to use their frame cut bumpers which i have on the way. I know jeff at fullrace and seriously considered their intercooler as it is also a quality item. Wagner and afe are not even an option for me. I'll build my own before touching those. But when i found out CBR was involved with SVC my ears perked up. For those that don't know CBR is a pro level fabrication company and renowned in the charge cooler world. Oil, water, air etc etc. When i spoke with the guys at SVC about a bumper it was an easy sell on their intercooler as soon as the words CBR came up. Whether they still make them for SVC or not doesn't matter. The welds are good, the design is good and most importantly its a quality core.

Too many people think all intercooler cores are the same. Not true at all and the SVC uses a quality bar and plate core with sheet metal endtanks with good good welds and the EBOV is located on the appropriate end tank. (the hot side) Piping is all done properly and welds are good. The piping is all bare whereas some competitors coat theres. Personally if it was an option that cost extra i would have not gotten it anyway. You cant see the lower pipes anyway so i think it would be a waste. All bead rolled ends are adequate and done the proper way.
The brackets are in fact nicely painted and look good. Couplers are all multiply silicone and T bolt clamps are included. The industry standard.

I'll be installing this in a few days when my bumper ships from powdercoat and as some of you have noticed I'm extremely unimpressed with the more common tuners. My old boss owes me a favor and my truck will be on the dyno for a few DAYS. I used to work for DBW Motorsports. Yeah, the 4 time one lap of America champion, multi time NASA champion, Global Time Attack unlimited class champion, Cobb Platinum Tuner, VIR track record holder etc, etc, etc. Not some guy that tunes RV's. A pro level motorsports facility. Once that's done I'll be posting dyno results, LOGS!(apparently no one does that here) and more data than most of you know what to do with.
Happy trails.

@svc

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and yes. Going in a 17. Bigger turbos coming end of summer.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

@guy I'm coordinating it now. He's 6 hours away so either next weekend or the weekend after I'll drop it off. Installing the intercooler today. I'll post some basic logs this weekend since the nguage is such an utter *************. I'll post better logs when I have the hp tuners pro license.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Nicholas ,

Thanks for the kind words! Also stoked to hear the intercooler meets your expectations, a ton of R&D went into this intercooler and although it isn't the first to the market and a few month's past our initial expected release . The details and intercoolers speak for them selves as to why good things take time. We have Exclusive rights on this intercooler that we disigned with CBR. With that being said they will continue to produce the intercoolers exactly like the one you recieved and we have over 70 units being built now .This is an item we are looking to continually have on the shelf ready to go at any given time. Once they arrive ad we have all parts boxed ready to ship same day we will be doing a massive push. I am very confident in the positive results you will see from the LOGS.

Our next step will be to fine tune our GEN2 engine tune with and without this intercooler before bringing that to the market as well.

on a side note Bumper jig is being setup on the table by the guys as I type this!

-J

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

You gotta link to where you purchased this intercooler. Does this one go into the OEM spot or mount above? What are you putting this in to?

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Found it. Question on install...does it come with everything you need for the install. Do you need any type of extra mounts or adaptors for ACC or anything. Also, can this be installed with the 2018 OEM stock bumper?

Each intercooler does come with an Adaptive CC bracket as well as everything needed for install ! we have a few minor things to do like finalize packaging and do install instructions but after reading a few posts by Nick i was more then confident he would know what to do and could call at anytime if he got hung up on anything during install process.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Nicholas ,

Thanks for the kind words! Also stoked to hear the intercooler meets your expectations, a ton of R&D went into this intercooler and although it isn't the first to the market and a few month's past our initial expected release . The details and intercoolers speak for them selves as to why good things take time. We have Exclusive rights on this intercooler that we disigned with CBR. With that being said they will continue to produce the intercoolers exactly like the one you recieved and we have over 70 units being built now .This is an item we are looking to continually have on the shelf ready to go at any given time. Once they arrive ad we have all parts boxed ready to ship same day we will be doing a massive push. I am very confident in the positive results you will see from the LOGS.

Our next step will be to fine tune our GEN2 engine tune with and without this intercooler before bringing that to the market as well.

on a side note Bumper jig is being setup on the table by the guys as I type this!

-J

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Each intercooler does come with an Adaptive CC bracket as well as everything needed for install ! we have a few minor things to do like finalize packaging and do install instructions but after reading a few posts by Nick i was more then confident he would know what to do and could call at anytime if he got hung up on anything during install process.

Will you be offering one in black? I would like mine to disappear behind the grille. If painting it affects the cooling performance, I *might* be able to live with a shiny silver one... :biggrin:

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Once the main batch arrives! We will work on cerakoting I believe