SVC Bypass Rack

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by svc, Feb 9, 2015.

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics
  1. ntm

ntm Full Access Member

Looks good guys !
    Considerably more stout than the other option out right now.

Yukon, it's a bed cage, what works and what doesn't work has been figured out a long time ago by hundreds of dezert rats. Testing is more of a ritual than a necessity. This bed cage looks built right...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  2. svc

svc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I cant change the reality that there were zero issues with the Bypass Rack this weekend for 500 miles of Baja with a group that is notorious for wounding trucks (this run was no exception) and the rear held up flawlessly. I can only report the facts.

This same truck plus another will be going out again this weekend and one thing I know for sure is this, I've never been told I'm "not testing hard enough". In fact as I type this I'm looking at another companies banner of me driving my truck flying through the air.

Rest assured Joe, nothing leaves our shelves that hasn't been put through the ringer and back, and I agree with you 100%, there is no doubt hard testing yields better products.

Jarrett

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Yep.

3. Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe FRF Addict

Oh I know you test hard, and I'm not disputing facts. I just like to hear what didn't work and how the final design is improved from it.

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
    Snoball 3
    Delta Lead
    www.runraptorrun.com

Hole Shot likes this.
  4. Jimbo

Jimbo Mad Frog Mattis

I think you should get one, Joe... Do it.

Hole Shot and Yukon Joe like this.
  5. ModFreaksRAPTOR

ModFreaksRAPTOR Full Access Member

I'll be getting mine soon, I will be sure to post my observations. At the risk of being called an SVC nut swinger, these guys don't make it a habbit of engineering things that don't function correctly the first time. I had a chance to talk with their lead engineer about their projects and see first hand how they develop each part. The level of detail that goes into his computer generated renderings is awesome. I also spoke with Jared who is a wealth of knowledge, it was like drinking from a firehose listening to him talk about building race trucks. This isn't their first rodeo, both Jared and the engineer have countless builds under their belt, I don't think they will have many "issues" if any at all building a bed cage (not to make it sound easy but its probably pretty easy for them).

FnDynamics and Madcowranch like this.
  6. MTUH3

MTUH3 FRF Addict

Great product. I like the idea of the various mounting options for the tire. One thing many racks missed opportunity on. use with or without a bed cover.

boarder1995 likes this.
  7. boarder1995

boarder1995 Full Access Member

Pricing looks quite attractive, even with Fox 3.0 shocks, compared to just upgrading to standard mount rear 3.0's without increased travel.

The increased 5" of travel comes from droop? What springs are ideal with this arrangement? Deavers 2+ or 3+? Or something more custom?

8. jondle

jondle Full Access Member

I saw the drawings and swore I just saw that rack in Mexico. Then I read this. I was right!!!

Who's truck was it on? I saw it and meant to ask about it when I saw it, but beer and memory got in the way.

9. ModFreaksRAPTOR

ModFreaksRAPTOR Full Access Member

I can't remember the owners name but his truck was at SVC when my buddy and I were talking shop with Jeff and his crew. SVC was putting the final touches on it. It was a black raptor with 37in BFG mud terrains sporting the SVC upper and lower CAs, polished 3.5 fox shocks in the rear. Super nice guy, he is from Washington state I believe.

10. Jimbo

Jimbo Mad Frog Mattis