SVC Bypass Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you NorCal and go with this setup, we can install it at my shop space. Myself and the other local gang obviously have done it before with mine HAHA.

NorCalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you NorCal and go with this setup, we can install it at my shop space. Myself and the other local gang obviously have done it before with mine HAHA.

That would be great! I have viewed your build thread several times. Thanks [emoji109][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pt2285

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeff

This setup is very impressive. My buddy has it and is very happy with his bypass rack and fox 3.5s.

I am curious what I people thoughts are concerning the load cycling of the bed bolts. I assume compressing the shocks and carrying gear in the bed places a significant amount of force on the bed bolts and accessory bolts used to install the rack. I suspect this loading overtime will cause fatigue failures.

Does anyone carry extra bolts?

Has anyone welded the rack to the frame?

Thanks...trying to inch my way towards ordering one :)

im a boyscout when i head out and in addition to 2 spare tires, a fuel jug, and a jack. i also carry a giant pelican trunk loaded with tools and a high lift jack that i strap down to the bed. zero problems with bolts or anything coming loose. except for my brake reservoir cap, that flew off somewhere so i stole jeffs.

AND RED LOCTITE.. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH RED LOCTITE. whats that bolt do, doesnt matter, red loctite.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
im a boyscout when i head out and in addition to 2 spare tires, a fuel jug, and a jack. i also carry a giant pelican trunk loaded with tools and a high lift jack that i strap down to the bed. zero problems with bolts or anything coming loose. except for my brake reservoir cap, that flew off somewhere so i stole jeffs.

AND RED LOCTITE.. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH RED LOCTITE. whats that bolt do, doesnt matter, red loctite.

No not red loc tite , took me an hour just to get your bumps out of the cans lol.

Forgot about that cap, I should probably order a new one. The rubber gloves seem to be holding up great . Then again who needs breaks anyways

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jeff

This setup is very impressive. My buddy has it and is very happy with his bypass rack and fox 3.5s.

I am curious what I people thoughts are concerning the load cycling of the bed bolts. I assume compressing the shocks and carrying gear in the bed places a significant amount of force on the bed bolts and accessory bolts used to install the rack. I suspect this loading overtime will cause fatigue failures.

Does anyone carry extra bolts?

Has anyone welded the rack to the frame?

Thanks...trying to inch my way towards ordering one :)

Norcal,

It would be a bitch to break the grade 8 bed bolts that we supply, but sometimes you can never go wrong with welding to the frame. For those who are interested in welding to the frame, it really is a simple process. We have done it for a few customer trucks and it obviously adds a little bit of extra insurance. If you ever need a DIY of how to do it, hit us up and we will walk you through it.

Jarrett

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I vouch for Adam,

He can install a bypass rack with flying colors.

He's been there and done that.

Jarrett

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

i laughed my ass off at this

Sometimes you just gotta improvise. Jeff is still driving around with the rubber gloves.

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/129390785

Trying to beat up my SVC bypass rack and the King 3.5s, they weren't having it. You'd have to jump his thing off a cliff to break any grade 8 bolts. This was a foreclosed golf course near where I live. We found a good use for it. Credit to @DoveTailGnomeo for the video.

f6d8dbe961610196218c2fa6f910caac.jpg

Yes Aaron, climb the over flow, concrete spill way lol

MF RAPTOR