SVC Bypass Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you tell me what the size of the Gr. 8 bolts are? I've seen conflicting measurements. Thanks!

The bolts fit the stock drill points in the bed. The only thing you have to do it move the lower nut where the stock bolts tie into the frame.

Size wise, what issues have you seen as mine had no issues.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a rack and tent that are attached to the truck via the stock bed bolts. I'd like to replace them with stronger Gr. 8 hardware but I'm unclear what the size of the bolts and thread pitch are because I have seen two different sizes quoted.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a rack and tent that are attached to the truck via the stock bed bolts. I'd like to replace them with stronger Gr. 8 hardware but I'm unclear what the size of the bolts and thread pitch are because I have seen two different sizes quoted.

Hey TiFj,

For the front bed bolts we remove the captive nuts and replace the stock bolt with a 14mm by 110mm Grade 8 comparable bolt with a Nylock nut and washers.

-Jeff

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ModFreaksRAPTOR So are you stock up front? Mid or top? How does the truck ride off road with all that rear suspension and stock front? I'll be doing the same thing, rear first and then front.

how is the rear end over small abrupt bumps around town?

have you thought about painting the inside of your rear fender wells with bed liner so it matches the front?

King 3.0 up front. 17 threads showing, equivalent to mid-perch if I'm not mistaken, maybe a tad higher. The truck as a daily driver is killer, going over small bumps is like running over a tiny rock, it's very smooth and not rough at all. Off-road it handles very well, depending on how hard you push it, you can tell that the front is trying to keep up with the rear.

Have t thought about painting the fender wells but that's a pretty good idea, I'll give it a shot now that I have my front fender liners on. Makes a big difference to have those fender liners on up front.

MF RAPTOR

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. S cabs do better with +2. We are not as heavy so +3 for on road behavior causes some issues.

I'm really conflicted on what I want to put on the back. I really just want better traction and weight handling but it sounds like +3's on scabs sit too high, but i've also heard that +2's aren't going to handle weight much better than stock so idk.

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really conflicted on what I want to put on the back. I really just want better traction and weight handling but it sounds like +3's on scabs sit too high, but i've also heard that +2's aren't going to handle weight much better than stock so idk.

The +3 on mine sat right at stock height when I had the king 3.0s on the rear.

MF RAPTOR

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score

+3s from my research make the Scab not a happy camper when on the street and unloaded.

Here is what it comes down to. What is your truck mostly used for. If most of the life is on the street I would go +2 as it provides the best all around for fully loaded and empty. Unless you are always carrying your gear +3 is stiffer and more droop then you need for most terrain.

As I posted in a different thread on the dual setup. By the parts that suite your driving style and the terrain you mostly drive. Buying parts just because big numbers does not make it a better truck.

From someone who has the same cab as you the +2 setup is very balanced both fully load and empty.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run +3 on my scab every day and it's great on road. Most of that is an empty bed also. Nice and plush.

+2 and +3 share the same spring rate. They are not any stiffer

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I read +3 droop more and can feel stiffer. As you have them Huck can you confirm the droop? The ride quality it sounds like is one of those need to ride it in someone who has it. I only had what I read when I got +2

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have to say thank you SVC you guys have out done yourselves again. I have finished the install on my dual front and bypass rack and all I can say is F❗❗️k it's sick! It does everything you want it to you can go through sections that would beat you to death in 3.0's. It's gives you so much more control and the rear is so smooth. It tracks great no more bouncing. You can hit big bumps and fly through them with ease. Jumps that I would bottom out on before you can sore over. I will post some of the testing I've been doing tomorrow and post some pics also. Again thank you SVC can't say enough good things.