SVC bolt on install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ACC relocation brackets. If you have a 2019-20 you will use all 3. 2017-18 will just use 2 of them.

New
Dropped of my truck this morning. All of this is good information. Gordo or anyone know what the three aluminum pieces/brackets are for that came with the SVC bumper are used for? Thanks in advance!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
do you have a pic of the bushing? And I am not sure what you mean. If the bolts back out then the busing will fall out the back?

Do you have a part number for the bolts?

There is a press-fit, rubber impregnated bushing with a nut captured in the rubber. The bolts go thru the crossmember from the front and they thread into these things.

If the bolts back out, they'll actually push the press-fit bushing out the back. because the skiplate being installed wont allow the bolt to come out of the front ( bolt is too long to pop out).

Its a little difficult to explain without talking through it in front of the truck, but I speak from experience. It is not easy to even temporarily fix.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Understood. Thank you!

There is a press-fit, rubber impregnated bushing with a nut captured in the rubber. The bolts go thru the crossmember from the front and they thread into these things.

If the bolts back out, they'll actually push the press-fit bushing out the back. because the skiplate being installed wont allow the bolt to come out of the front ( bolt is too long to pop out).

Its a little difficult to explain without talking through it in front of the truck, but I speak from experience. It is not easy to even temporarily fix.

rlj676

Reaction score
I dunno what sort of tools that yall are using, but you should be using one of the BIG electric impacts that go up to 900 or 1000 ft lbs.

Word of warning, If you did not put new threadlocker on those steering bolts, or buy new ones, take it all back apart and do it.

If you do not, and those bolts loosen, they will eventually back out, then put the captive bushing on the back of the rack out.

Once that is gone, the steering rack is garbage. Ford does not sell the bushing separately. That means you need to purchase an entirely new steering rack to fix it.

IIRC the torque spec is 400+ ft/lbs on those bolts. They are special, with 3 different shank sizes. You wont find a non-ford bolt that works. you cannot buy the bolts one at a time. The minimum quantity is 4 or 5 IIRC. They are $19 EACH.

I started w a corded AC Delco, it’s big but I don’t know specs. No dice. Went and bought biggest Mikita brushless, 1100+ reverse ft lbs same lack of result lol. The rack I think twists enough it absorbs all the impact. Should have left both bolts in partially till all out in retrospect I think.

Any signs the bolts were coming out as you drove?